Light-O-Rama Forums

creating a show

Guest guest

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a show (for practice until I get my controllers).

I'm in the Show editor trying to add a sequence. I go to the file that has sequences and try to add it to the Show editor. It's only showing two sequences both being saved as .las instead of .ims. I'm wanting to load my .ims sequence which is not being shown. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks, Tom

Ok, bare with me here. I'm trying to figure this out and sorry to post all this but....

In the show editor, I have a file in the startup tab and a file of thesame sequence in the musical tab. Now when I go to the animation tab it ask for a file I'm presuming to be a .las file. I attempt to change the sequence that I want from a lms to a las. When I click ok, it says it will remove the musical sequence form the animation sequence. I stopped right there for now.

Do I need a squence in all three tabs (startup, animation, musical)? If so, if I change the .lms file to a .las file will I loose my music part of the sequence?

Sorry if all this sounds totally stupid. I read the instructions, or at least tried to understand it.

Tom

This little bit of information may help ...

The only place you can put a musical sequence is in the musical tab. Everything else is animation only. Unless there is something I'm forgetting, there are zero workarounds.

If you change a musical to animation, you lose the music. This goes back to the point I made above.

I can tell you that animation sequences can go in the musical section, and they work just fine. (Did it for a week or so this year before changing course.)

Don wrote:

This little bit of information may help ...

The only place you can put a musical sequence is in the musical tab. Everything else is animation only. Unless there is something I'm forgetting, there are zero workarounds.

If you change a musical to animation, you lose the music. This goes back to the point I made above.

I can tell you that animation sequences can go in the musical section, and they work just fine. (Did it for a week or so this year before changing course.)

SO I don't have to have a seperate file (.las & .lms) for each sequence when I go to create a show? Just leave animation tab alone and stay with the musical tab for my files?

If that's the case, GREAT. and thanks a bunch Don.

I hope other newbies out there see this because I didn't see it explained in the help files of what Don mentioned.

Any other words of the wise out there on show editing?

Santas Helper wrote:

DON IS THE MAN!!!:waycool:

After visiting with Don over the phone, I now see the light (lots of light).:laughing:

Thanks Don for your guidance.

Tom

For anyone who might run into the same thing I couldn't figure out (it's one of those days, Monday).

When setting up the show editor, there are several tabs. To make it short and if I understood what Don told me, if you have your sequences saved in a .lms format like I do, just open and insert the .lms file in the musical tab only. Click on the plus sign to the right, find the sequence you want, click on it. It should show the file in the box now. Save as is (this will be the name of your show). This file will now show the new name with .lss at the end. The musical tab works with animated sequences that has musical file attached to it. Then you can go in and change what ever you want your show sequence to be since it's already created.

OK, ok, this might all have been easy for everyone else but for me.... (it's been one of those days).

Tom