Light-O-Rama Forums

someone please help me! electronics question

Christmas_time_karl_UK

I am trying to modify a xmas lights control box for this years display & I've forgotten how I did it last year! as I don't want to blow up the new lights im seeking your help
Supply:24 V Ac
Attached picture /diagram

Attached files 141227=8394-image_sb_0.jpg

Not sure I understand your question. How are you modifying them? I'll assume that the 'C' in your diagram is the common ground for the numbered channels. You should be able to test that pretty easily.

DavBro

You're trying to put outlets on the controller to control things? Just connect one wire of each outlet to a numbered wire, and the other to common. I think the hot (narrow slot) is the numbered wire, but some things (like the infamous DLS boxes) switched the neutrals instead...

-Tim

Oops, missed the 24V supply thing. I did catch the UK part, but I know a bunch of the UK folk import US lights and use them with step-down transformers, so I thought maybe that was the case.

So... my post above is likely still true, but the outputs will be 24V. Are 24V lights common in the UK?

-Tim

This looks like the typical chase light controller.
Tim is right just connect one wire to a numbered wire and the other ones to the ground.

I have several of these that I use to control things but keep in mind they are limited to the number of lights that can be controlled.

Also, if you want two light strings to go off and on then wire one string to #1 and the other to #3 and you will have a slight break inbetween the on and off.