Light-O-Rama Forums

Michael's Christams Decor

mkuntzcpa

I purchased a count down to Christmas decoration at my local Michael's. My question for the group is when do I light it. My wife says not until Thanksgiving ut I'm inclinded to light it early. Any comments????

Attached files 140544=8377-christmasdecor 003.gif

Absolutly, I would put it out now. My neighbors love me, and have been asking for weeks what I have been up to for lights this year.

It would have been up before I got into the house when I pick it up ... LOL .. in fact I think I will take a trip to Micheal's and see if they have one tomorrow.

my neighbors ask me all the time what I am doing for lights this year and I will take them around to the back yard and show them what I am working on, no matter what state it is in. Sometimes I just get strange looks as they only see a piece of what I am working on at the time, I try to make sure I don't give away too much info but keep them involved and on the team as well.

My toys for tots train has been out for a week now ...

compucard wrote:

If you dont mind, how much did that set you back? Thats pretty neat.

I picked one of those up too - it's bigger than you'd think (3ft tall maybe?) The normal price is $80, but if you dig through your Sunday paper Michael's usually includes a 40-50% off any single item coupon in their advertisements. I paid $48 with the coupon :D

I think I'm going to put him out as soon as I start putting lights up in mid-November, just to start getting folks excited pre-showtime!

That's pretty cool. My neighbors have been asking also, not all of them like me, but, I'm not the least concerned about that. I'll have to take a trip to Michael's.
Take care everyone and let the coundown begin.

• The topic was locked