Light-O-Rama Forums

American DJ Snow Machines

Mr. Griz

Hello everyone

I would so love to add snow machines to my display this year, Im thinking about ordering 2 from American DJ, I think they run $129 or so, during the display they should run about 30 seconds every 20 minutes or so. Display runs from 6:30-11:30PM Nightly minus of course the inclement weather days. Does anyone know enough about these to where they could tell my how often I'm going to have to refill these, the amps, the cost of refills and if you think all around its a good idea. I already have encloser boxes for these and they WILL work because the ones I built for my lasers last year did excellent. Thanks for your help!!

I don't have any myself but I really want to add some, just waiting until I can afford them. The reason I am replying to this thread is to let you know that if you do a search on these forums or on Planet Christmas forums you should find some recipes to make your own refill solution.

• Like 1

Hello everyone

I would so love to add snow machines to my display this year, Im thinking about ordering 2 from American DJ, I think they run $129 or so, during the display they should run about 30 seconds every 20 minutes or so. Display runs from 6:30-11:30PM Nightly minus of course the inclement weather days. Does anyone know enough about these to where they could tell my how often I'm going to have to refill these, the amps, the cost of refills and if you think all around its a good idea. I already have encloser boxes for these and they WILL work because the ones I built for my lasers last year did excellent. Thanks for your help!!

They are LOUD. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner up in the air.

The enclosure box should be built to muffle the sound.

Look at the power specs and plan accordingly; at least 14 gage wire, maybe 12 gage for a longer run.

Don't know exactly what models you are looking at and their specs, but you might want to check out cheaplights.com.  $129 seems a bit steep in cost.  Last time I checked, cheaplights had them for about $65, but again, depends on the specs, dmx, etc.

• 4 months later...

American DJ, A high-output 600-watt professional snow machine, the Snow Flurry generates a festival of fat, fluffy, flying snowflakes that will transform any ordinary setting into a magical winter wonderland fit for Frosty himself. The Snow Flurry produces real looking snow flakes which are thrown up to 6m. It is best the best thing to be invested in.