Light-O-Rama Forums

2 visualizer screens

ShellNZ

• 3 weeks later...

I tried that myself but the UDP Splitter just isn't fast enough for me. It works but slow and things can't keep up. I ended up creating one larger picture and putting everything into one screen which is fine. Now if the Visualizer would allow a larger image than 2500, that would be great. This coming season, I've been requested to add a home next door, therefore either a wide screen shot of both today or two screens. Two would have been better by far but it needs to update faster.

Yes, I've done everything in there other than turning off the moving grid and changing colors on the channel buttons. I can try that easily and see if it helps. What I saw was arches not in sync, megatree spirals either not showing or appearing randomly. When I put all of this in one larger picture that had to be scrunched down to 2500, it works fine but I'm not using the UDP Splitter in that case. Same fixtures/props but two different visualizer screens and the splitter, its slow. One wide picture, no splitter, same props and fixtures, it works fine. 

That would be what I expect.  

What I am saying is that moving to a single visualizer is going to be your best bet as that will give you the speed you need (especially with the new Advanced Rendering Engine of S4).  

You may just have to give up detail to get more on the screen.  Just like life, we all have unlimited wants and limited resources.  There is only so many pixels on a screen, and so much bandwidth and processing speed on a computer.

Can this be used to run 2 different visualizers with 2 different pictures/backgrounds? This year I'm going to need to sequence my house as well as others on my block. Using my existing file will take care of my house but I'm hoping to draw an overhead view of the rest of my neighborhood for my neighbors homes.