Light-O-Rama Forums

2 Non CCR Pixel Arches with 150 Pixel String

bob_moody

It seems that the more involved I get with pixels the more brain cells explode in my head ... I know I'm not seeing a releationship somewhere.

I have 2ea 30 pixels/meter - 5 meter strips.... 150 pixels per.

I want to create 2 arches from each strip..

There will be a "dead" spot (null pixels?) in the middle where the 45 degree elbows and the "T" meet joining the two arches in the center ...

The props/fixtures that have been given all have 25 or 50 pixels per arch.

The utilities that I have downloaded and installed all seem to be setup to max out at 50 (Actually I think its more of a Universe issue)

So the question is... best practive to create the double arch from a single 150 pixel string?

How do I create the null pixels in the middle? Say 5 pixels or is it even worth worrying about?

Do Isimply create two 75 pixel arches and go from there? If my match is corret that would be 225 channels per arch or 450 per string which is within a single universe.

I have the LOR Object Creator but would have to use the trace function (unless there is a newer version out that supports arches)

I have the CsdII Smart Pixel System which does arches but there seems to be a limitation of 50 pixels

and of course there is the draw each pixel by hand.

Am I missing a part of the picture?

Thanks for reading and any suggestions or comments offered....

Bob

Isn't there a limit to the number of fixtures that make a prop?

I seem to recall bringing in a prop that cut off with 64 fixtures?

Are you speaking of 150 pixels or 50R, 50G and 50B LEDs? If it's the latter you will load it as effectively 50 pixels and not 150

Hi Ron,

I was hoping you would pick up on the thread since I got the VIZ file i have for arches from you ...

To be perfectly honest, I havent fired up the strings I have so I'm not sure exactly what I have (Insert stupid look on my face here... )...

Here is what I have:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/568458133.html

Its the WS2811 SMD5050 strips from Ray Wu...

Anything you can impart to relieve my ignorance would be GREATLY appreciated...

Bob

No sooner do I hit the save key, I pick up the strip and look at it and a light goes off...

As I said i havent fired them up yet .. but I suddenly get the feeling that each chip controls 3 LED's (hence the cut mark after every 3) and each set of 3 act as one pixel like the rectangular pixels I'm using for the Candy Canes (?) ... So basically there are 50 "uniquely addressable" sets of pixels in the strip (?) ...

If that is the case .. then the arch VIZ you sent me with 25 pixels per arch is in fact ... exactly .. what I needed(?)....

"My train of thought has derailed ... there were no surviors ..."

Bob

Edited by bob_moody

:D

Very good deduction. You're edit post was about what I was going to say, in a round about way. 10 ICs/meter = 10 pixels per meter = 50 pixels at 5meters. So yes, what I sent you was exactly what you needed

Now I know what Quasimodo felt like in the bell tower ... :o

Thanks for the help and the patience Ron ... I really do appreciate it ...

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't there a limit to the number of fixtures that make a prop? I seem to recall bringing in a prop that cut off with 64 fixtures?

This is what I saw.... I am HOPING that LOR will increase this to 128 or 256

Isn't there a limit to the number of fixtures that make a prop? I seem to recall bringing in a prop that cut off with 64 fixtures?

This is what I saw.... I am HOPING that LOR will increase this to 128 or 256

That would be the bomb. Another good thing would be to create non-CCR pixels to fixtures, (like the CCR). In my case, instead of using 800 fixtures for my Pixel tree, I could use 16 fixtures. Just a stray thought. Sorry, Back to the topic at hand then.

• Like 1