Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Arch Sequences?

derekb

Is anyone using CCR's for Arches? I currently have 4 CCR's setup using half of each CCR strip for each arch. For a total of 8 individual arches. I just don't seem to be getting it on how to sequence these. I have seen Brian's samples, bought one from him, watched tutorials. Maybe I just don't get the user interface, maybe I am not smart enough. Ha. It has been a challenge for me and I am getting nervous that I have 4 CCR's that I won't be able to use in my show this year. If anyone has any arch sequences available for sale or to share, please let me know. I would appreciate it. derekb "at" derekb.com, or post here. Thanks!

If your having trouble sequenceing the ccr's why don't you try the instant sequencer in superstar at least you will be able to use the ccr's till you get the hang of programing your self

Realize that the free "Boughs of Holly" sequence for 2 CCR arches that you can download from www.superstarlights.com was done before SuperStar had the ability to import a visualization. So when you play "Boughs of Holly" in SuperStar it will do so in "CCR Mode." When doing arches in CCR Mode the sequencing grid puts each arch on its own line which means you must apply each morph separately to each arch.

The better way is to import a visualization of your arches, and in the "Import Visualization" dialog box be sure to set "Max Length" to be the number of pixels of all your arches. In your case, you have 4 arches made from 2 CCRs which means that the sum of the pixels in all your arches is 100. So set "Max Length" of the Sequencing grid to be 100. Then your 4 arches will be in one long row on the sequencing grid and you can apply one morph to that row.

I made a tutorial on how to sequence circles, I should make one on arches also.

• Like 1

Ahh, thanks Brian. I did not understand that part. Part of my frustration was everything I did my arches seemed to have the top center at the bottom of the arches, in between the two segments. Which makes the effect not very good. I am going to mess with the settings that you mentioned.

If your having trouble sequenceing the ccr's why don't you try the instant sequencer in superstar at least you will be able to use the ccr's till you get the hang of programing your self

Yep, that will be my last resort as I want to be able to control color and effects a little more, but yes, certainly an option.