Light-O-Rama Forums

New Feature

dougd

Brian,

I can add this to the new feature idea emails if you want but thought i would run an idea by you to see what you think. One of the "other" software's has a nice addition to a display and its called "mapping". That feature allows you to sequence the whole display. Chases across the whole house, chases across the whole display.

When sequencing this way you are not working with individual props but the display as a whole. Wouldn't it be cool if in superstar you loaded a visualization and it kicked into a "mapping" mode and somehow you could do a morph across the whole display. 

I have included my visualization file for this coming year as a reference. I would love to be able to load that file and sequencing rows somehow line up with the visualization and could do morphs right to left, front to back and so on. Let me know what you think, seems like this would be a awesome addition to super star software.

display.zip

This is a feature I plan to do. It won't be in the upcoming release. But I hope to be able to have it in by September of this year.

What is the other product that you have seen that has this feature?

Normally don't like to talk about "other" software's on this forum, but this feature is in light show pro.

This would be great to get sometime this year, i wont hold you to that but it would be awesome. Thanks for the response back.

I have seen it in LSP and done in a few click's once you have the mapping correct. In LOR it can be done but takes a lot of time. Here is a link in the forum that I know took several months to make happen. http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/26293-2012-rgb-highlight-video/  I agree with doug's comments if you  can make this happen in time for this years show.

Brian,

I have bought several of your sequences and my tree is a 84 node tree that I have to covert you sequence to. It would be nice if you had a way to set the pixels count/ convert them to fit other layouts. Wishlist !! If I buy your 12x50 it would be great to select a 16x84 layout and your sequence fit it perfect. Love your work and your sequences and still waiting on the spiral and shock effect.

Jeff

I actually haven't looked at LSP for a while. I took a brief look at LSP's web site and could not find the feature you mention. Do you have a link to it, or know what he calls the feature?

Layer Transitions -Sequence your entire show with incredible automatic effects

That is from the features page. I will try and get some more information this evening by those that use it. All i know is it sounds like a really nice option and super star seems like the tool to get it done with. 

I watched a LightShow Pro video that included Layer Transitions and I couldn't see that it covered doeing a chase effect across the whole display. If you get a specific link or video let me know.

Regardless, I plan on doing it in SuperStar, but I don't mind looking at what others have done to see how they did it.

Not sure if you have watched fasteddys display or not, dont think he will mind me posting the link here. Here is possibly 1 end result. I will try and locate a video on doing this in lsp.

http://vimeo.com/55705124

Edited by dougd

Thanks for the link. There are some spots where he does a sweep across all of the lights. What I am looking for is how you do it in  LSP.

Well, I take that as a challenge!

It really is something I've wanted to put in ever since you've been able to import a visualization. It shouldn't be too hard. Right now, morphs are applied to the sequencing grid. What I want to do is allow the application of morphs directly on the visualization area. The code would use the coordinates of the lights on the visualization instead of the sequencing grid. As with most features, the user interface will take longer to do than the actual code that handles effects.

• Like 2

I am putting this topic as HOT !!! I love to see a challenge with Blinky!! I would need to check the rules of the forum but I feel I have a buck or two to wager on Brian getting it done.

Jeff

Jeff,

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me to see Brian make it happen.

Brian,

No pressure! 

Don,

Like I said I know where my money would be placed. 

Brian,

Plenty of Pressure... LOL.. 

• 1 month later...

Guess we need to bump this back to the top so nobody forgets. Hope I don't lose any money on this bet.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I keep looking back for a update on this almost everyday. 90% of my show is sequenced for this year but sure hope to see this happen. Any update?

Jeff

I hope to have this feature in by the end of August. It will not be there any sooner than that.

Brian, whenever you get this done will be awesome. This will be a very nice upgrade to the Super Star software. Looking forward to giving it a try. Thanks for the update.

OK .. Great New.. I am glad I will not lose the bet!!! Keeping fingers crossed.... Thanks for the heads up Brian....