Light-O-Rama Forums

WOWLights vs LOR sale prices

dbltrukr1

I purchased a CTB16PC from Wow during their Memorial Day sales his year and one big reason was shipping charges. It was about $13 to ship to Florida and LOR was over $22.00. Took a little longer for delivery than my LOR purchases did during their Spring sale, but it was worth it. This is my first year and now that I have 32 channels, I've think I could really use 48 channels... Does it ever stop?

I purchased a CTB16PC from Wow during their Memorial Day sales his year and one big reason was shipping charges. It was about $13 to ship to Florida and LOR was over $22.00. Took a little longer for delivery than my LOR purchases did during their Spring sale, but it was worth it. This is my first year and now that I have 32 channels, I've think I could really use 48 channels... Does it ever stop?

I know it's not even slowing down for me.  I had 32 channels this year, but am doubling to 64 and adding a mega tree this year.  I'm also going to edit a few sequences and then next year try my hand at programming an entire song.  I thought very seriously about adding 3 controllers instead of 2 this year, but really need to spend the budget on the tree and more lights. 

One other question...for now :)   Does anyone have an opinion on the light size for your mega trees?  I'm debating m6 vs. c6.  Since the tree will be relatively close to the street, I'm thinking it won't really make much difference.  I'm planning on doing 12 segments of red, 12 of green for 24 channels, and then 6 channels of multicolor (up and back down the other side).  I've spent the last three evenings going blind researching the various methods for building these things.  My girlfriend is starting to nod and say "sure that looks good."  

Caniac, thanks for the tips on sequences.  Besides WOW, I've found a couple other sources as well.  Think I'm going to wind up with a six song show this year.  Since I'm going to have to do some editing, I'll get some decent practice before tackling entire songs next year.

Edited by exop5857

One other question...for now :)   Does anyone have an opinion on the light size for your mega trees?  I'm debating m6 vs. c6.  Since the tree will be relatively close to the street, I'm thinking it won't really make much difference.  I'm planning on doing 12 segments of red, 12 of green for 24 channels, and then 6 channels of multicolor (up and back down the other side).  I've spent the last three evenings going blind researching the various methods for building these things.  My girlfriend is starting to nod and say "sure that looks good."  

Caniac, thanks for the tips on sequences.  Besides WOW, I've found a couple other sources as well.  Think I'm going to wind up with a six song show this year.  Since I'm going to have to do some editing, I'll get some decent practice before tackling entire songs next year.

Can't say this enough - backups.  Say you just purchased "Charlie Brown Christmas", once you bring it up in Sequence Editor do a "Save As" and save a copy.   I will usually put the year in front of the name and then work/modify that copy, that way the original is untouched and if I completely hose it up and can restart with the original.

I think you will find about 50% use c6 and 50% use m6, whatever you like , I use c6 for all my trees that are 8 ft or taller. 

Earle

I think you will find about 50% use c6 and 50% use m6, whatever you like , I use c6 for all my trees that are 8 ft or taller. 

Earle

Thanks Earle.  I'm leaning toward the c6's for the mega tree and m6's for the mini-trees. 

Earle

Have used m6's but last two years went with c6's, IMO they seem brighter and my mega tree is 20ft.  32 strands made it look full and bright, doing 64 strands this year and can't wait to get started.