Light-O-Rama Forums

1st order

hawgfan

Just placed my 1st order from LOR this morning, now I have to wait. At least I received my software key I can play with that

At least it's just me and the wife, thanks

No, now its just you.  You won't see your wife anyway near as much.

No, now its just you.  You won't see your wife anyway near as much.

+2   And, Lord forbid you let her know how much you've spent, unless of course you like fightin.

Edited by bisquit476

from another new guy... a couple of things you will figure out once you have the software 1) you didnt buy enough controllers and 2) your pc and lor software now own you

• Like 1

My first controller was on back order for 3 weeks.

I paid extra for 2nd day air delivery.

Now I look back at that and laugh, but it seemed necessary at the time.

Welcome to the club. Glad your wife is on board, it makes things easier.

Scott

• Like 1

what is your favorite Christmas song? be prepared to listen to it for hours and hours. welcome to this crazy bunch of flashers( lights that is)

Be sure to save your first sequence for posterity.  A year or so from now, play it back and you're wonder, "what the he11 was I thinkin!"

Welcome!

for some reason i've got jingle bells techno stuck in my head right now

I did that one last year, very good choice for a first song

Edited by james campbell

Good Lord, Glad I am not the only one. Finished up Jingle Bells Techno last week , must have heard it 500 times here at the computer and another 10,000 times in my head ( with lights ) at work, in the car, even while watching the superbowl. And I am only at 32 Channels, can't even begin to wonder how some of you with over a hundred channels to keep track of do it.

Have fun with it!

Good Lord, Glad I am not the only one. Finished up Jingle Bells Techno last week , must have heard it 500 times here at the computer and another 10,000 times in my head ( with lights ) at work, in the car, even while watching the superbowl. And I am only at 32 Channels, can't even begin to wonder how some of you with over a hundred channels to keep track of do it.

Have fun with it!

you will be suprised to find out that the more channels you have ,it gets easier to sequence. you will have more props and things you will be able to chase

If anyone has any 48 channel sequences they could send me I'd greatly appreciate it and let me know where exectly I can get the right song, also do I need to wait for my ccr's to get here to add them to a sequence or can it be done now?

kevintaylor@centurytel.net

Thanks

Kevin

If anyone has any 48 channel sequences they could send me I'd greatly appreciate it and let me know where exectly I can get the right song, also do I need to wait for my ccr's to get here to add them to a sequence or can it be done now?

You can add elements into the visulizer at any time and then sequence without having to wait for anything physical to show up. I have a couple of different visulizer files (I used a Google Earth photo of the house) I use to evaluate different layouts.

kevintaylor@centurytel.net

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin:

there are a lot of websites out there with free sequence downloads for a number of channels, do a good google search and you will have quite a few in no time. Personally ( and I am really new at this myself ) I found it easier to start from scratch and build my own as no two setups are the same. Heres a couple of links to get you started.

http://majorleagueshows.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=42&func=select&id=22

http://www.highcountrylights.com/links/free-sequences.html

http://www.christmasutah.com/lor.html

http://www.lightsforriley.com/sequences.html

as far as the music, I have YouTube'd and Vimeo'd search for the songs I wanted then converted and downloaded them to MP3's with a free online tool. Only trick is to make sure that the sequence you are "using" and the audio are both the same length in time.

http://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/

If you want some 32 channels to get you started, drop me a line.

Premier Landscaping

Nursery@FlorenceScapes.com