Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence skipping over columns

Linda Hadden

I am using version 1.5 that came on disc with the controllers.

When I replay a musical sequence with the grid movement on around 1 minute into the sequence the grid movement sticks. When it starts to move again it appears to skip a column or two and the lights do not come on when they should. It then seems to catch up for a while and then sticks again and the lights miss again. This only seems to happen when playing back full sequence and not whilst playing only visible screen.

When playing the sequence without the Grid movement on it is all OK and the lights are spot on.

The song is in wav format and is bit rate 1411kbps.

Is there a reason why this is happening?

Thanks

Linda (UK)

Its 11.45pm here so time to log off and review tomorrow.

Linda - there are a couple of things that come to mind immediately. First, are you using mp3 or wav format files? Files in wav format are the way to go here. Second, when viewing the display in the animation window, it is often the case that the PC/graphics card is not up to the task of smoothly displaying the sequence. This is not something to worry about, as the final product will be displayed on your lights exactly as you expect them to be. I have run into this situation many times. Sometimes you can improve matters by temporarily disabling things like antivirus software, turning off the scrolling of the grid, turning off the color changes on the grid, minimizing the grid, unloading any other unnecessary software, etc. Anything to free up cpu/memory for the animation window to use. These steps will probably not completely solve the problem, but in many cases, they will help.

D.T.

Others here are correct ... when you run the show via the LOR Control Panel, you should not have these errors.

The Sequence Editor is known for not being able to keep up at times.

Thankyou for the replies.

I am using wav format, I had picked that up from reading the posts here.

As I said, with the grid movement off and the lights plugged in and playing everything was spot on.

So glad its nothing I am doing wrong.

regards

Linda

• 9 months later...

Hi Linda,

I have the same problem you had with the timing jumping around after a minute or so of play. Did you get that straightened out ok. How many channels were you running at the time. How much memory does your PC have. What finnaly worked for you because my problem is so bad that I can't even run the animator for 5 sec without it acting all wierd on me. I am running 128 channels with major timimg issues and I am using S2 2.0.16

Mike

mike and patti wrote:

Hi Linda,

I have the same problem you had with the timing jumping around after a minute or so of play. Did you get that straightened out ok. How many channels were you running at the time. How much memory does your PC have. What finnaly worked for you because my problem is so bad that I can't even run the animator for 5 sec without it acting all wierd on me. I am running 128 channels with major timimg issues and I am using S2 2.0.16

Mike

Hi

I was only using 32 chanels at the time . I upgraded to 1.6.3 and it cured the problem.

Linda