Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar & Visualizer files with pixel strips

Signpro

Anyone have a SuperStar file and Visualizer file set up with some pixel strips that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm looking to put pixel strips on the house and am still a bit confused how to make them in Visualizer and how to sequence them in SuperStar. A sample would be great!

When you say "pixel strips" I assume you mean they are RGB lights that are not CCRs, CCPs, or CCBs. To make a strip of RGB lights in the visualizer you must make each RGB light be a single bulb. Each bulb will be a fixture and you can group them into a Prop.

I have some visualization files that I can attach, but first can you tell me the number of pixels in each strip, and how many strips?

Brian,

Everyone is calling "RGB strips" the ones that the entire strip changes the same color. What I am talking about are the non-CCR version of pixel strips. 30 pixels per meter, 5 meter strips, 150 total. I could be wrong, but think these are basically the same as the CCR strips. Just picture putting CCR's on the eaves and peaks of a house.

Yes, I have read about creating each as a single bulb, but I must be missing something because it's not working as I was expecting. BTW - your video tutorials are great. Hopefully you will do more of them!

Anyone have a SuperStar file and Visualizer file set up with some pixel strips that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm looking to put pixel strips on the house and am still a bit confused how to make them in Visualizer and how to sequence them in SuperStar. A sample would be great!

Shoot me an email address and I'll send you 12 legs of 50 pixels, Universe 1-4, 3 strings per universe. I would post them here, but I don't know if I have enough space to do that. Each one goes to a Superstar Ray tree like Brian's. You can put them in any shape you want to, but remember what Brian said, each one will be a single bulb and they are in order, 1-50, bottom to top

To make an RGB strip where all the lights in the strip change color together do the following:

1) Click on the "Draw Light Strings" button in the Visualizer toolbar

2) Draw the light string

3) In the "Fixture Properties" dialog box select Channel Type as "RGB"

Well I guess I did have enough room.

This is set up in DMX. Universe # 1 is strings 1-3, Univ #2 is 4-6, etc. The tree I made these for is set up as thus,

String 1 on the left----->String 12 on the right.

It's designed to be a 180 degree tree so 1 and 12 are quite close to 2 and 11 respectively. Of course you can manipulate it anyway you want to. If you re-arrange it to something, just remember to keep the dots in order. Hope this helps.

Ron

Ron,

I imported 2 of your prop files into Visualizer. I then saved the file. Then I did "Import visualization" in SuperStar. The 2 pixel strings show up, but the first 2 pixels show up at the bottom of the green grid below a white line, and #3,4,5 etc start at the top. What am I missing here?

Yep, I forgot about that. It's a glitch, if I remember correctly. Brian is working on a fix for that. He may chime in in a bit and tell you how to fix it. I can't for the life of me remember how he told me to do it.

Sorry about that. Now, you can always create a CCR and sequence it as you normally would and then export the .sup file and paste it into your sequence. The DMX pixels sequence just like the CC(x) pixels. I had a set of Rainbow Pixels last year and sequenced them just like a CCR. The RP are only 42 pixels instead of 50 though. Worked out great.

Again, I'm sorry about that. Without the fix, I actually don't think it will sequence properly. Maybe we'll have another update soon with the fix.

It is a bug in the program that will be fixed in the next release. You can get a copy of the fixed program now by doing the following:

1) Find your existing SuperStar program it should be at c:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama\SSEdit.exe

2) Rename your existing program to something like SSEdit.exe.backup

3) Click on the following link to get the SSEdit.exe with the fix: http://superstar.synchronizedchristmas.com/SSEdit.exe

4) Copy the new SSEdit.exe to c:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Here are some links to demos of a utility I am putting together. Take a look if you have time and let me know your thoughts. Take the space out after the //.

https:// www.dropbox.com/s/3t12sy3vuzplrfa/RGB_DEMO_1.swf
https:// www.dropbox.com/s/qzsglecr5eu8eek/RGB_Demo_2.swf
https:// www.dropbox.com/s/6zbuy7uxpoe0dcc/RGB_Demo3.swf

Thanks

Edited by Vfere863

Vfere863,

All I can say is that looks like it's going to be cool! I didn't get any sound when I played the demo's; am I missing something?

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the feedback. No you did not miss anything, I just did a video demo, no audio.

Victor

Edited by Vfere863

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Well I was finally able to re-work the system in a different environment. Sorry about the delay. Anyway I am including a new demo of the Smart Pixel System. This demo outlines the changes to the system plus exposes some new functionality. The actual system will be available by the end of the week for use.

If you get a chance take a look and let me know what you think. If anything major pops out from the demo please let me know.

Once again thanks for all your help and look for the next post which should be the system itself.

http:// db.tt/fzh8yKTw

Thanks,

Victor

NOTE: Remove the space from the link so it will run ;=)

Hi Everyone,

As promised here is the first installment of the Smart Pixel System. As I mentioned in the last demo the install for the system is just a basic install. I am working on adding in the links outlined below so the users will not have do the work of making sure their system has the necessary framework files installed.

Another item I am working on is adding an icon on the desktop. Right now the install will only create in All Programs a CsdII\Rgb System entry. To run the system navigate there and click the link and the system should kick off. You can also create a shortcut for the system and place it on your desktop.

The instructions on how to use this version of the system are contained in the previous demos. The links for these can be found in the previous threads.

Anyway follow the instructions below to get this version of the system installed.

If you have any issues or problems please feel free to post here at the forum or send me a mail and I will address anything reported as soon as possible.

Thanks and Enjoy!
Victor

Download Link for SlimDX

Run the link provided below. Once there under the End User Runtime section select the .NET 4.0 x86 Download link.
When prompted Run the download and this will install the necessary runtimes for the Smart Pixel System.

http:// slimdx.org/download.php

Download Link for .NET Framework 4.0 Full

Run the link provided below. Once there click the download button and run the installer

http:// www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Once these steps are complete you system should be able to run the Smart Pixel System. 

https:// www.dropbox.com/s/ww6uq7j5tbs97ne/SpsSetup.msi

NOTE: Please remove the spaces after the // to run the link in the address bar.

Victor:

Set it up on my computer and it looks good! Haven't had time to play, but it seems to work well.

Larry