Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar and CCB

Denise Brunner

Yes it can be confusing.

The firmware can be updated at any time and does not affect the configuration settings.

In the video tutorial it shows how to configure CCRs. The configuring of CCB/CCPs is the same except that you set Unit ID mode to "Dual Normal" and make sure that you skip a unit ID when you assign a unit ID to the next controller.

I suppose I should do another video showing CCB/CCP configuration and updating the firmware.

Yes, if you have two CCP controllers, they will each come with two strings, so you will have a total of 4 strings. Configure the first CCP controller to unit ID 04 and the second CCP controller to unit ID 06. Then the four strings you have will end up using unit IDs 04, 05, 06, and 07.

Brian:

I just programed my first CB100 controller (4). As you said, Duel Mode. I went to console to test all the light and set the it to unit 4 and turned on all the lights. Only about 6 nodes on each strand came on. Same for unit 5. I refreshed and started over a few times with the same results. I loaded a SS sequence into the sequence editor and started it. All the nodes seemed to be doing what they are supposed to do. They all seem to come on change color. I didn't unbumdle the strands, but they looked to be doing what they are supose to do. After I get the rest of my controllers this spring, I'll do a full test run. It just concerned me that just a few nodes came on in the test console.

Thanks again for all your help.

The console only has 16 slide switches and only turns on the first 16 channels of the CCB. Each pixel uses 3 channels, so if you turn on all the slide switches the first 5 pixels will be white, and the 6th pixel will be red. So what you saw is normal and is what I always do to test them also. If I can get the first few to turn on then it confirms for sure what unit ID controls that string.

I didn't have good luck programming the second contoller. It started smoking when I connected it up and the hardware utility can't find it. I was able to program my newest AC controller after that. So I guess nothing happened to the doggle. I opened a ticket with LOR. Guess I'll see  what they say.

Thanks