Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix in SS

LarryDrumAZ

It's probably simple as cake, but I cannot figure out how to create a Matrix in SS. Next year I am using a small Matrix, 162 Pixels, 18 Pixels Wide, 9 Pixels Tall, starting bottom right corner. How would I create this in SS?

I know I can do it by importing a Visualization, but I really do not want to have to draw 162 individual bulbs in the viz.

Thanks!

Easier to make in BobO's marquee tool.

Cannot create my Matrix in his tool. Lowest # of strings is 2, my Matrix has 1 string, 162 pixels.

To specify a matrix of bulbs you do need to make a visualization. One other approach is to use the "Quick Visualization" feature. Do the following:

1) Launch SuperStar

2) Click on the Tools menu and select "Create Quick Visualization"

3) Place a check mark for each controller you have.

4) Press the "Create QuickVis" button

5) It will create rows of dots, each dot is a bulb with a channel assigned to it

6) Launch the Visualizer

7) Click on the File menu and select "Open", open the file "QuickVis.lee"

8) select the bulbs and move them around to create the matrix you want

9) Click on the File menu ans select "Save As", save the file with an name like "18x9_bulb_matrix.lee"

10) In SuperStar, click on the File menu, select "import visualization" and import the file "18x9_bulb_matrix.lee"

To specify a matrix of bulbs you do need to make a visualization. One other approach is to use the "Quick Visualization" feature. Do the following:

1) Launch SuperStar

2) Click on the Tools menu and select "Create Quick Visualization"

3) Place a check mark for each controller you have.

4) Press the "Create QuickVis" button

5) It will create rows of dots, each dot is a bulb with a channel assigned to it

6) Launch the Visualizer

7) Click on the File menu and select "Open", open the file "QuickVis.lee"

8) select the bulbs and move them around to create the matrix you want

9) Click on the File menu ans select "Save As", save the file with an name like "18x9_bulb_matrix.lee"

10) In SuperStar, click on the File menu, select "import visualization" and import the file "18x9_bulb_matrix.lee"

Thanks Brian! I'll give it a go.

It's probably simple as cake, but I cannot figure out how to create a Matrix in SS. Next year I am using a small Matrix, 162 Pixels, 18 Pixels Wide, 9 Pixels Tall, starting bottom right corner. How would I create this in SS?

I know I can do it by importing a Visualization, but I really do not want to have to draw 162 individual bulbs in the viz.

Thanks!

You also don't have to draw all 162 bulbs. Just draw 9 and create a prop from that. Then import that prop 17 more times and run the channel wizard to map them in seconds. I could build that matrix in the Visualizer in about 10 minutes.