Light-O-Rama Forums

3840 Pixel Screen, Ultimate Mega Tree at the happyholidayhome

thebaronn

Impressive amount of work there. Im a fan. As for advice or feedback, I only have 1 bit. Keep up what your doing.

Awesome job! Can you tell us or provide a link to the pixels you used for the matrix? There are several different versions that use the WS2811 LEDs. They are used in strips, single pixel nodes, and modules of 6 nodes with a curved cover. Below are some links to the different types I found.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC12V-input-WS2811-pixel-node-100pcs-a-string-injection-molding-type/701799_722405450.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC12V-WS2811-pixel-module-with-6pcs-5050-RGB-SMD-LED-50mm-diameter-20pcs-a-string-256/701799_565238739.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4m-WS2811-LED-digital-strip-60leds-m-with-60pcs-WS2811-built-in-tthe-5050-smd-rgb/701799_633124138.html

Okay, i tried another camera.

The screen looks better, colors look great, but the rest looks dark. I think I like it this way though.

Opinion?

Okay, i tried another camera.

The screen looks better, colors look great, but the rest looks dark. I think I like it this way though.

Opinion?

Looks Faboulus and love the clarity of your pixel screen.

Please do a how to on the pixel screen. The spacing, type etc. The train and sound of the train was a perfect 10.

I could see putting the name of one of the kids in the neighborhood on it at the start of each song. (Well I can dream can't I)

thanks, for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL your hard work.

John (oldandslow)

I am at work and came with the plan of posting pictures and a how to.....

My flash drive is empty :( operator error......LOL! Hack LOR to get it to run a monster sequence but can't get photos on a flash drive correctly!!

But, I do like the way you think, when santa vistited out house for the Manteca Mom's Club whe had 3 different "Here Comes Santa Claus" songs running with kids names on the screen.

I also had my iphone controlling the Ultimate Mega Tree, Fire Sticks and Big arch. (the kids were unimpressed but the adults thought it was cool!)

But no video, angain my camera person flaked and when you are Santa, you can't say "wait I need a video!!)

Next year, maybe the train brings out the channel, some kid's names, and the name of the next sequence.

I though about the next sequence trian car, but it is such a pain to fix that I said "well, we have to save some surprises for next year!"......nice cop out!

Nice job again. I really enjoy your show. I have taken the first step into your pixel world by buying a starter kit on DIY and they will hold a web teaching session on how to put it together and sequence. I love that train and can see the smiles on the kids faces now.

I have a quick question. Once the train is sequenced is it quick to change a name and save into a new sequence to run more than once a night. I have twenty plus picker children come several times a week and would love to put one of there names on the train and go in and run it while they are out there.

John (oldandslow)

Nice job again. I really enjoy your show. I have taken the first step into your pixel world by buying a starter kit on DIY and they will hold a web teaching session on how to put it together and sequence. I love that train and can see the smiles on the kids faces now.

I have a quick question. Once the train is sequenced is it quick to change a name and save into a new sequence to run more than once a night. I have twenty plus picker children come several times a week and would love to put one of there names on the train and go in and run it while they are out there.

John (oldandslow)

YIKES! It is not easy, but once you get the sequence finished it would be pretty easy to make up a bunch of shows to do "show on demand" real quick.

Right now I created that with LSP and good/bad or indifferent, this is how I had too create it:

First I created the whole train. Then I duplicated the frame several times. Making the train come on the screen was easy. I would shigt the train ne pixel row back and duplicate the frame and reapeated this 80 times until the train was off the screen.

For the train car, that I had to do on the fly. If I wanted to add names, I am pretty sure I would have 2 options. 1: create just the train car and carfully add the names and shift them 1 pixel at a time or 2: just eyeball it and create the train car and name at the same time.....

I honeslty don't know which would be easier, but I heard that LSP is working on the matrix editor so you can create shapes and stuff, that will make things easier.

Hope I made some sense.

YIKES! It is not easy, but once you get the sequence finished it would be pretty easy to make up a bunch of shows to do "show on demand" real quick.

Right now I created that with LSP and good/bad or indifferent, this is how I had too create it:

First I created the whole train. Then I duplicated the frame several times. Making the train come on the screen was easy. I would shigt the train ne pixel row back and duplicate the frame and reapeated this 80 times until the train was off the screen.

For the train car, that I had to do on the fly. If I wanted to add names, I am pretty sure I would have 2 options. 1: create just the train car and carfully add the names and shift them 1 pixel at a time or 2: just eyeball it and create the train car and name at the same time.....

I honeslty don't know which would be easier, but I heard that LSP is working on the matrix editor so you can create shapes and stuff, that will make things easier.

Hope I made some sense.

Thanks for the information. I watched the rgb presentation last night by gigogig and I'm reading quite a bit on the ausi board to try and learn as much as I can. Once i get my starter kit and shown how to put it all together I just might try something small this year and then attempt your train next year. I copied all your specs that you posted so I can study your how to.

Great work and thanks for the help

John(oldandslow)

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I would finish it off (since I spaced it in the first place) and put up the rest of the season's songs.

I used to hate this sequence, but now I can tolerate it.

And of course, love it or hate it (after watching it again, I think I need to junk it and start from scratch)

Edited by thebaronn

• The topic was locked