Light-O-Rama Forums

360 RGB channels - LOR 3.9 can't handle it.

pjkoths

Is anyone else out there having problems with large channel counts?

I have just one mega tree 360 RGB channels with a total of 4320 DMX channels. I have been working on just one song (The chipmunk song) about 70% complete, currently it is 299Mb. The software has stopped working numerous times losing work every time. Saving this work is a 5 minute plus chore that may or may not be successful.

My computer is more than capable, no other problems - videos and games run perfect.

My main question is WHY can't LOR effectively handle this especially since it is well within the parameters of the software.

Use of other software is not an option.

I have 320 RGB channels, spread across multiple DMX universes, and LOR 3.8.0 and 3.9.0 have never had a problem with it. I don't have that many total channels, though (1300).

What are you using for timing? Anything "tighter" than 0.020 is ignored by DMX of the DMX refresh rate.

I'm running about 2000 DMX channels and it takes about 30 seconds to load and about 20 seconds to save.

The progress bar gets about 97% done in 5 seconds and then seems to hang there for about 15 seconds before finishing.

Other than that I have not had any other problems. I am using .08 timing for my sequences.

I'm running W7 on 3.1g 8 core HP w/ 8g memory.

I'm running 4608 E1.31 channels and an additional 210 or so LOR channels. I had to use my best PC, but it works fine.

I would argue that your computer is not "more than capable" after all. Care to share your system specs?

Edited by Tim Fischer