Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't get computer to Enable LOR from the LOR control panel

TprSteve

I'm brand new to LOR, having purchased two controlers just over a week ago. Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to run a show sequence last night. I've watched the tutorial and scoured this forum, but when I right click on the LOR contorl panel I do not get the choice to enable the program. All I get is open, pin to taskbar, pin to start menu, remove from this list and properties. When I click open, Norton Anti virus asks if I want to allow it to make changes to the computer. When I click yes the box closes, but nothing else happens or changes! VERY frustrating. (Keep in mind I'm not too computer savvy, which begs the question why I would do this to myself, but hey those light shows are awesome!!) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I replied to your ticket in the help desk system with this:

You are right clicking in the wrong place. Look at the task bar - that's the area on the Windows bar to the very right side (generally where the time is shown). Right click the light bulb there. If you don't see a light bulb, click the small arrow and the area will expand/pop up. From there right click the light bulb.

If you still don't see it, ensure the control panel is started. Goto Start/All Programs/Light-O-Rama/Light O Rama Control Panel. When you start it, it will appear that nothing happens (or you get a message box that says the Control Panel is now running in the task bar). Follow the above instructions again.