Light-O-Rama Forums

Help setting up Channels

Jeff A. Galbreath

Jeff you did it right.

Once you do that, the channels are set up for the LOR units. So if you have 2 16 channel units, you have to set up "Channel 17" as Unit 2. Once they are all set up, you are good and can go in and rename the channels to names you want. For instance, "Mega Tree 1".

But the way you did it was correct and you are good to go.

Greg

I thought that was a pain in the neck also...maybe it'll change in LOR II. If you don't want that problem, you can manually set each channel, and I'd say that would take just as much time.

Because there are no rules as to order of channels and also because a channel can control any number of different pieces of hardware we do not automatically assume what the channels are and you have to set them up. However, this only has to be done once....

To Setup your channels I suggest you do the following: (assuming you have 1 or more 16 channel units).

1. Create an animation sequence with the number of channels that you are going to use.

2. Click on channel 1 and set it to LOR Unit 1, circuit 1. Then say you have 16 channels.

3. Repeat this on channel 17 for LOR Unit 2, circuit 1. Say you have 16 channels...

Repeat this for each controller you have.

Now go back and set the names you want for you channels. It helps to have them descriptive like (Front door, little tree 1, little tree 2.... )....

You can also set colors.

If you are going to have an Animation Screen set it up now.

When you are done, Export your channel configuration (EDIT->Export Channel... )

Finished....

Now with any sequence you have or any sequence that you will create, you can simply Import this channel configuration.

It will be easier in LOR II.

Make sure you have "programmed" the boards with the hardware utility (I am assuming you have the PC boards). If you have done this, then in the sequence editor make you have "Control Lights" checked. (Play > Control Lights)

When you used the hardware utility it will set the communication port on your computer. It should also change that in all your sequences.

This would be easier if you told me what boards you have.

Greg

Jeff is right.

You said you have the LOR1602W...I am guess the x=2. Do what Jeff said. Set the unit id's on the dial on the board. Then as long as you set the channels correctly, and you have "Control Lights" checked, then you are set. The lights will go with the sequence.

Greg