Light-O-Rama Forums

LORVis with Windows Media Player

ronnier9646

Hook the controller to the computer as you would to run the show, bring up a song in WMP, play it and the lights should flash. You will have to play with the frequencies to get all 16 channels to work correctly.

Last time I looked, it only output on 16 channels.

If you want to drive more than 16 channels (for distance or power concerns), you just give the same ID # to each controller.

Its a VU meter at best. Would it go to the music, sure it would but the effects are not at all what the LOR controllers are capable of.

It was a great attempt at creating light organ type functionality using LOR. I considered using it to blink some strings of lights for a party a while ago. But I was never able to get the frequency ranges set up to produce a satisfactory result.

For what it’s intended for 16 channels is probably more than you’ll ever be able to discriminate looking at the frequency spectrum. It would be great to see it revisited and improved. Watching some of the other WMP visualizations, it might be better to run patterns that are modified when the beat changes and add smaller changes based on the current notes. That seems to work well for the Alchemy visualization.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just bought my first controller. Ups says it will be here the 14. Gonna try a Easter show with LORVis so I'll see how it goes

We're you able to get LORViswirking with newer controller hardware?

I can't seem to get it to connect and just keep getting a blinking LED on the controller.

The new controller should accept the commands from LORVis fine. But it's possible that the LORVis plugin doesn't work well with newer versions of Windows or Windows Media Player. Were you able to get a solid light using the LOR hardware utility?