Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Control Present

Ponddude

I finished up another one of my projects today. I built a box and painted it like a present. Inside are all my LOR boards/boxes. This way I will be able to keep everything in one area and run all my cords to the box. There are only 2 LOR boards in there now, I am still waiting for my 3rd board to even ship. Once I get it, it will be installed inside of the present as well.

Greg

DCP_1280.jpg

DCP_1282.jpg

DCP_1283.jpg

Probably will be right on the ground. I don't think there should be any issues with it right on the ground. Should some arise, I willd definately raise it up.

Greg

Ponddude wrote:

Probably will be right on the ground. I don't think there should be any issues with it right on the ground. Should some arise, I willd definately raise it up.

Greg

I was just thinking that it might cause your plywood to rot or at least separate due to moisture.

Edit: rot not root

Slick!
Even if you just slid a couple of 2x4's under neath it to give it some room to breath. Besides you'll probably need a little bit of pressure released so that your present isn't sitting on your Extension cords....

-Evan

Point well taken. I think I will add some "lift" to the box, so that it is off the ground.

Greg

daniel wrote:

Can that be my christmas present? THats what I always have wanted! ;);):)

LOL J/K

Looks really nice! Good job!

--Daniel L

Daniel, I was going to let them be my present

Greg, Great job and a nice way to conceal your boxes.

Michael B

Funny you guys said that...

When my girlfriend came over last night and she rolled her eyes and saw what I was doing, I told her that she could just get me one more of these(the present) and put it under the tree. She didn't find the humor. Oh well, what ya gonna do. ;)

And thanks for the complements. I figured with a lot of people having problems with vandals, if the present concealed the boxes, at least the 2000 dollar investment would be semi-safe.

Greg

Very nice job, I hope mine are as nice when there done. I was thinking of doing something like this myself because i didn't want to just put them on the side of the house the garage is not an option, mine is to small and I do have them spread out through out the yard. But making a package like that and putting them on the side or out of the way of the rest of the display that would at least to me stick out more.... oh take me!. Ok so don't laugh at my idea, I'm making 4 inclosure's to store my units in and light them as part of the display, kind of got the idea from Darryl's PVC gift on his web site. they are not done yet but will gladly show them to you when done.

• 4 months later...

joneslights wrote:

Greg,

What materials and dimensions did you use? Is that 1/2 plywood and 2X2s?

Greg

It looks like 3/8ths. It is very similar to the one I built. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Nice work by the way.

Sorry Greg, I missed this post being brought back up.

Yes it is mad out of some scrape 3/8 plywood I had laying around. I made the base out of 1/2" though for some stability. The corners and bottom have 1x1's on them to screw everything together. Now that my display is up and running, the box worked out really great. I of course had to put more holes in the sides, but it really did what I was hoping for. What also is great is it kind of blends into the display at night and you don't even know that it is there. I will be video taping and taking pictures of my display hopefully tomorrow (as long as the rain holds off) so I will take pictures of everything in the box.

Greg

Ponddude wrote:

Sorry Greg, I missed this post being brought back up.

Yes it is mad out of some scrape 3/8 plywood I had laying around. I made the base out of 1/2" though for some stability. The corners and bottom have 1x1's on them to screw everything together. Now that my display is up and running, the box worked out really great. I of course had to put more holes in the sides, but it really did what I was hoping for. What also is great is it kind of blends into the display at night and you don't even know that it is there. I will be video taping and taking pictures of my display hopefully tomorrow (as long as the rain holds off) so I will take pictures of everything in the box.

Greg

How big is the wood cut?

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked