Light-O-Rama Forums

Zara Radio

LORisAwesome

Hi

I'm interested in trying Zara Radio. I did an internet search, and I am not familiar with any of the sites that I am seeing. I don't want to get a virus by installing softward downloaded from a bad web site...

Anyone know a safe website to get it?

Thanks

Jerry

I tried CNET, but it doesn't seem to work.

Actually downloaded it at one point, but I didn't try to run it. It seems to be one of those installers that then downloads the actual program from someplace. I was concerned that my anti-virus program might allow the installer, but miss what the installer does. Also I don't have an AV program on my show computer, and I don't want to install in on my main computer.

I'll check the site you recommended.

Thanks

Jerry

I would recommend a earlier version of Zara Radio, some of the newer versions may have some of the options you what disabled or you have to pay to add the option.

Version 1.6.2 is recommended for our use.

Here is the link: http://en.softonic.c...zararadio-1.6.2

This was presented at the LSH Academy the last 2 years.

Here is the Powerpoint presentation with a lot of very good information for our setup and use.

https://dl.dropbox.c..._Radio_101.pptm

https://dl.dropbox.c..._Radio_201.pptm

Edited by Dennis Cherry

Thanks all.

I got the software installed. Found that it doesn't recognize my music. I loaded them years ago on another computer and they are on a NAS (Network Attached Storage) -- they are in Itunes format. Oh well, I'll have to re-load them with Windows Media Player. I decided to use the constant 128K bit rate, so they can be used with LOR.

I tried putting them on the NAS with Windows Media player, then found they didn' t play correctly -- it had some stuttering, although WMP seemed to play it with no problems. So I've given up loading them on the NAS, and I've started loading them on the show computer where Zara Radio is installed. Zara Radio seems to play the music just fine as long it is on the computer, and not a network drive.

My goal is to get all my Christmas Music loaded, and have Zara Radio play Christmas Music when the show is not running.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by LORisAwesome

• 2 years later...

ZaraRadio doesn't seem to control the line-in mute function.

I have an incoming signal to line-in and I'm using line-out to drive my downstream system.

I want zararadio to break into my incoming signal at intervals and play a wave file.

The incoming signal to line-in just keeps rolling right on out to the line-out connection with the zararadio controls being ignored. Zararadio otherwise seems to be controlling things.

Any suggestions?

MOSteve

Dennis I can't open that link I get an error 404

Edited by ezimnow

Dennis I can't open that link I get an error 404

It was nearly 3 years ago ... might be the reason. (Or he took it down.)

Yeah I noticed that after I posted...there are a few Zara chats running and I poste in this one by mistake. Now I'm curious if there is anyplace to find the info that he was talking about

• The topic was locked