Light-O-Rama Forums

Configuring SuperStar

john southeast iowa

I did get my E861 to work with the sequence using the RGB settings but it still does not work with SuperStar being a subsequence or in "stand alone". There needs to be a way to assign the CCR's or in my case my pixel strings(50 count) to the universes and channels like there is with the RGB channel setting in Sequence Editor. Am I missing it somewhere in SuperStar? Thanks! John

There are two approaches to this.

The copy/paste approach:

1) click on the Tools menu and select "Layout" the Layout dialog box will come up.

2) select "CCR Mode"

3) create and export a sequence

4) In the Sequence Editor, create some strings for your RGB lights

5) Use copy/paste to transfer the sequence from the explorted sequence to the RGB strings you created in the Sequence Editor

6) Not sure if this will work, it depends on if the RGB lights you created are defined in such a way that CCR pixels will paste into them or not

The idea, is that when you paste the commands onto the strings, the commands will take on the universe and channel information that you have

already defined in the RGB strings you created in the Sequence Editor

The visualization approach:

1) Launch the LOR Visualizer

2) Define the RGB strings in the Visualizer

3) You need to define each RGB pixel as a fixture and add them to a prop. The prop will be one string of your RGB lights.

4) As you define the RGB pixels, you define the DMX universe and channel for each channel in each of the pixels

5) Save the visualization file.

6) Launch SuperStar

7) If you already have a sequence that you have created in CCR mode, continue with step 8. If you are starting fresh, go to step 13)

8) Open the sequence you have already created

9) Click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

10) The visualization will get imported, and your sequence effects will still be there, and they should play onto the visualization

11) Click on the File menu and select "Export"

12) The exported file will have the Universe and Channel settings that were defined in the visualization

13) Click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

14) create your sequence

11) Click on the File menu and select "Export"

12) The exported file will have the Universe and Channel settings that were defined in the visualization

• Like 1