Light-O-Rama Forums

schedule editor

lightfan

I have a problem with my schedule editor, when I try to add a sequence show to the editor, it will ask to add a file, now all the sequences i have created are in the sequence file on my desktop, the big problem is when i try to open that sequence folder it is opening a folder called sequence but there are no sequences in that folder, im not sure what happened here or where to go to find the sequences to add, the folder is in my desktop with all the creations in it, I will add that i had this computer had the motherboard replaced, so i was wondering if i should re install the the software, im not sure if that may have something to do with the problem , i just dont want to lose hrs of work, if anyone can help i would appreciate it , ive come so close , to being finished but still so far away

Thanks

Jim

Off hand it sounds like it is not looking in the correct folder. Go into Windows Explorer and look in the folder where LOR is installed (most likely C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama) and look for a program called LORPost.exe and run that. It will allow you to set the directory that your sequences are in (same as during initial setup.

Jim -

You need to add the sequences to a SHOW first, and then add your SHOWS to the schedule editor. I think this will fix your issue.

D.T.

When you run the Light-O-Rama software for the very first time you are prompted to set the default LOR directories. Open your "My Documents" folder and look for a "Light-O-Rama" folder. There you will find the Sequences and Audio folder (among others.)

This is the directory the software will look to for the sequences. As you have figured out you can store the sequences anywhere you want, but the default location will remain the same. There are three choices.

1. Copy (not move!) your sequences from your desktop folder to the actual LOR Sequences folder.
  2. Leave the sequences on the desktop and navigate to the desktop from the popup windows every time you need a sequence.
  3. Reset the data directory to your desktop. (In my opinion, a bad idea.)

I would personally recommend going with option #1.

D.T. may have the answer there. Missed that you were trying to add a sequence to the schedule editor. He's right, you have to create a show first, then add that to the schedule editor.

im thinking theres some things missing from this program , Ive looked for this LORPost.exe, and it dosent seem to be the LOR folder , and just wondeing do i need to have the computer connected to the controller when i add to the show ,because it comes when i add shows and finish all it shows is errors ,

You don't need the controller connected when creating a show/schedule. In fact, you don't need to own a controller when creating a show/schedule.

Did you create the show first, with the show editor as mentioned by D.T. ? Make sure you create the show first, then schedule it.

Unless I'm missing something, this sounds like a different problem than the original post. It sounds like you created a show (which is a collection of sequences), created the schedule, enabled the schedule, and now have errors.

What errors are you getting? There is a status window that you can enable/show/etc when the LOR Control Panel is running. Is there an error message in there? Also, look in your Light-O-Rama folder (via the Start Menu) for the LOR Verifier. Run that, as it will also help you track down what errors are keeping the show from running.

hmmm i ran the verifier it showed 287 checks performed, showed 4 errors and 305 warnings, and shows Yearly schedule file does not exist as one issue, do you think i should reinstall the program? the only thing is , im worried about losing all the work i have done all yr

from what i can tell , it just says media file errors , saying media file does not exist, which a lot of my media files were lost when the new board was installed

Okay, now we are getting somewhere.

Let's not worry about moving the files just yet. Instead, open each sequence that's giving you the error in the Sequence Editor. Hit the play button. Does the sequence play? My guess is that it won't because of the media file. Click Edit -> Media File and select the audio file. Save the sequence.

If you have lost the audio file for a sequence, then go ahead and remove it from the show.

With the media errors cleared, try and enable the shows again. If you get errors, be sure to let us know what they are.

ok thank you i will go through and see which ones are not working , I will let you know what happens

Thanks again

I went through and got rid of all the probs with the media file, im still getting this error msg when i try to enable the schedule it reads as follows " Shows cannot be enabled because of an error, open of serial port has failed

error 8002 open of serial port has failed" , any thought on this problem?

because of an error, open of serial port has failed

error 8002 open of serial port has failed" , any thought on this problem?

When enabling the shows make sure the USB485 adapter is connected to your computer and that all other LOR programs are closed. If the Sequence Editor or Hardware Utility are open, before you enable shows, you would get the error.

oh and still have this problem 18: Yearly schedule file does not exist

Don't worry about this one. Code 18 reads as follows:

The file which is supposed to contain your calendar schedule does not exist.

If you do not intend to have any shows scheduled via the calendar schedule, this is not an issue; any shows that you have scheduled via the weekly schedule should play as scheduled. But if you do intend to have shows scheduled via the calendar schedule, they will not be played until this problem is resolved.

Perhaps the file was renamed out of the way, in which case you can rename it back to the expected name. Or, perhaps it was deleted; check your computer's Recycle Bin. If neither of these is the problem, then you will have to recreate your weekly schedule via the Schedule Editor or the Simple Show Builder.

I'm going to guess you are using the weekly schedule, (one that shows Sun-Sat.) Thus it's nothing to worry about at this time.

Thanks Don for the help , i actually think i was able to upload shows to the schedule, I am going to try schedule for tomorrow evening just a dummy run and see if it works , I will let you know if it works

Don I wanted to get back to you and thank you for the help , i was able to get the shows scheduled, , I have another question, when i open the lightorama sequence editor i have a few so called shows on there i started for practice, is there anyway to remove these ?