Light-O-Rama Forums

control panel not working

Sneely

Can you give a little more detail about what isn't working?

What OS do you have? I assume this means you got the new version downloaded and installed.

Windows 7?

If so, click the white arrow that is in your task bar, near your clock with the other icons. Do you see it there? If you do, then click the Customize link to force the icon to show all of the time.

The old tech support joke is reboot your computer, so we'll go with that.

When rebooted, click on the LOR Control Panel (or however you are starting the program.) It still doesn't appear for you? If that's the case, I suspect you have other issues going on. The trouble you had downloading the file and installing it on your computer lead me to believe something else is going on that's not related to the LOR software.

Us old farts might get it right the first time, everytime. But it does help us to help you if you follow our suggestions.

I have to agree with Don about the old IT joke "well did you reboot it?". I am not IT, but I am an electrician that maintains computer controlled machinery and data collection systems. First thing to do if it will cause no harm is to reboot. If it is in the middle of a process try a few other things then if I have to. Make the machine safe and then do the reboot. 9 out of 10 times this fixes the problem.

If I had a dollar for every time I've helped someone fix a problem simply by suggesting they reboot..... Phone, Computer, whatever. Same story every time! :/

Back to the OP, some more details would be extremely helpful for future reference. Things go wrong during installations, and it would nice to know the cause to try avoid it again.

all details provided , i installed update and no control panel. the reboot solved it but only after the notification thingy deal. its hard to give specifics when your frustrated lmao