Light-O-Rama Forums

What did i do?

Mr Grunts

ok, ive been making my sequences now for a few months on the demo version, i have 6 songs for a 16ch done now but yesterday i finally bought my license and my first controller.

this morning i registered my software with i license that lor sent in an e-mail. Opened my sequencer clicked on help tab then registered, accepted my license and said i need to shut down lor and restart for it to take effect. did this but when i tried to open the sequencer again it say "automation error, run-time error 440, run-time error 0, Failed to load control 'vbalExplorerBarCtl' from vbalExpBar6.ocx. Your version of vbalExpBar6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application. the software that i downloaded a wile ago that i have been working with is the 3.0.4 version.

Did i do something wrong. what happen? i hope i didnt loose all my sequences.

Please help

Thanks

Dennis Smith

Don't worry, you didn't loose your sequences. ;)

Uninstall LOR from your computer(s), then install the newest version found on our website (http://www.lightoram...wnloadPage.html). Uninstalling won't delete your sequences (but you can make copies of them if it makes you feel better. It would me!)

Start the SE, Use the license key you purchased yesterday. Restart the SE.

Everything should work. If it doesn't, reboot your computer and try again.

• Like 1

Wow that happened to me today on my show computer that runs 3.7. Any suggestions so I can run my show tonight.

Wow that happened to me today on my show computer that runs 3.7. Any suggestions so I can run my show tonight.

Did you try following the same instructions?

yes it was an upgrade to 3.7 from 3.0.4. when i did the uninstall then the reinstall it worked fine, all my sequences where there. i did not have to re-register ether it held my license too.

Was your computer connected to the internet? My show computer isn't connected. So when I upgraded from 2.9 to 3.7 I should have uninstalled 2.9?

yes it was connected, and yes uninstall the old version first. any sequences you have already save in another folder just in case.

it wasn't necessary in my case but you never know.

sorry. yes uninstall from the control pannel

Edited by Mr Grunts