Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone seem these?

gtoyeah

post-8318-13475534927296_thumb.jpg The whole stain of lights change colors. Wonder if you could change the colors yourself as you would a dumb RGB strip. Found them at biglots today.

I seen those, GE and Gemmy both have their own brand of them. They are extremely expensive, and they look horrible with their shipped settings. However it is VERY possible & NOT difficult to turn them into something controllable. I've done it last year, I purchased a set that someone unboxed & without remote/ Power supply marked down 90% I think I got them for like $8 when original was round $90, however I can only control the entire strand with the colors, I cannot control the color of each individual bulb like the Light o Rama Bulbs.

I used them on my house one year.

They are OK.

Put them away since LOR.

Used them last when I decorated my cubicle at work.

No idea how to hack them.

I have a string of something like these. I got them at Walgreens after Christmas sale for $5. The string I have has 12 lights on it so it's pretty limited, but I have no idea how to hack them

I seen those, GE and Gemmy both have their own brand of them. They are extremely expensive, and they look horrible with their shipped settings. However it is VERY possible & NOT difficult to turn them into something controllable. I've done it last year, I purchased a set that someone unboxed & without remote/ Power supply marked down 90% I think I got them for like $8 when original was round $90, however I can only control the entire strand with the colors, I cannot control the color of each individual bulb like the Light o Rama Bulbs.

The GECE's are quite hackable. I was under the impression that the Gemmys were not.

There are a lot of folks around using the GECE's with LOR this coming season...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They appear to be the same basic modules (albeit fewer) with a shell that is approximately twice as large. The controller is identical.