Light-O-Rama Forums

Check out this singing Jack O' Lantern at Target! Singing Face Animation!

Orville

It's called: Light Show Jive'n Jack Thriller

I just came across it as I was searching out new stuff for Halloween this year {2012}.

Here's the link:

http://www.target.com/p/light-show-jive-n-jack-thriller/-/A-14077949

Click on the video in the upper right hand corner. It oniy sings Michael Jackson's Thriller. it is battery operated and works by a motion sensor {according to the description}. And costs $30.00/online price.

But I'm wondering if this Jack O' Lantern could be "hacked" and made to use with LOR?

Wouldn't it be cool to have a lot of these controlled via LOR in your Halloween Display?

Don't know how easy they may be to hack and convert though.

BTW: I believe all those YouTube videos of singing faces spawned the commercial creation of this Animated, Singing Jack O' Lantern! This thing looks to be 100% of Kevin's original singing Jack O' Lantern face!

Just thought this might be an item some of the DIY'er's here might be interested in to hack and use in their Halloween Displays.

Target contacted me and wanted to use the singing face idea. They paid me a million dollars...so i quit my day job and live on some uncharted beach being served fufu drinks with an umbrella all day :-)

One can only dream!

So that means you CAN have a light show this Halloween. :)

Target contacted me and wanted to use the singing face idea. They paid me a million dollars...so i quit my day job and live on some uncharted beach being served fufu drinks with an umbrella all day :-)

One can only dream!

One can only dream!

One can only dream!

ROFLMAO. I was actually wondering if they did contact you about this singing face Jack O' Lantern.

Now we know. ;)

Could be your computer, or maybe not. It was fairly well synched the first time I watched it, the next few times I went back to watch and thinking about it, it seemed to be out of synch in different spots each time I viewed the video!?!?.

So it could be the server it's on, your graphics card, your computer speed....could be a number of things that cause it to go out of synch. I watch youtube and vimeo vids all the time, many times they don't synch up either, and those include the lightshow displays I also watch on them, as well as other things.

But of course if you're buying it to HACK it to use with LOR, what difference does it make if it's out of synch with the built in animation? :P:ph34r:

Edited by Orville

I went to Target tonight, save your money for something else.

Absolutely! I checked them out today. I shot a video of it on my iPhone. Not very bright at all. And it could use some help with the sequencing.

I still would have took the million dollars :-)

Edited by CLD Kevin

What is the size of these?, Hard to tell from the video

Right below it in the description area:

Dimensions: 10.23 " L x 15.75 " H x 6.69 " W

I am thinking of possibly buying this guy, a light up skeleton:

http://www.target.com/p/light-up-skeleton/-/A-14065201?reco=Rec|pdp|14065201|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

Anyone that went to, or has been to Target happen to see this guy? And how he looks in person?

I went to KMart to pick mine up today. Their website said it was normally $30, on sale for $23. When I got to the checkout it rang up at $16. Almost bought two more right then, but decided to take a look inside first. They had about a dozen of them, and almost no hint they were anything but plain pumpkins, and the only hint of the price was the pre-printed $29.95... Im guessing they will sit!

Cracked 'er open and it looks tough...

D866B4B4-8DA3-45D6-BFE2-EA275976CF62-16970-00000E76C7CEE549.jpg

I suppose you could Hotwire into the traces, but the big trick will be the fact that some LEDs are used in a couple of shapes which ideally would be discreet. Time to break out the multimeter.

Cracked 'er open and it looks tough...

D866B4B4-8DA3-45D6-BFE2-EA275976CF62-16970-00000E76C7CEE549.jpg

I suppose you could Hotwire into the traces, but the big trick will be the fact that some LEDs are used in a couple of shapes which ideally would be discreet. Time to break out the multimeter.

Hey built in speaker! Now here's an idea, now all you have to do is add a small FM radio and another speaker inside to transmit your show to all those Singing Faced Jack O' Lanterns in your display for the folks walking by or on bicycles. :P:D