Light-O-Rama Forums

Not able to add media

ranjanpa

I am using the S3 software in the demo version and not able to add audio files. I am not able to see the files when looking up through Edit-Media in LOR sequence editor. I even bought a new audio file from itnes but it still does not show up. Any tips.

Thanks

Abraham

I'm not sure what itnes is but the media files need to be WAV or MP3.

Another thing, are you saving the music to the folder your searching in?

Oh, and welcome aboard the LOR forum and the madness that come with LOR. :)

Edited by Santas Helper

Thanks for the quick response Tom. It is an mp3 file and when I am able to view few of the audio files, I am not able to load the,. The message I get is "wmp.dll not correctly installed or missing".I deleted and reinstalled the software but does not seem to help.

The "wmp.dll" file looks to be related to Windows Media Player, which the LOR software uses to play the audio.

Might be something wrong with your WMP installation? I'd try running Windows Update and making sure you have the updated version.

The first item on this page might help.

This article, though, looks like it might be a little more helpful.

• Like 1

Abraham,

Just for funnzies, try using another MP3 audio as a test, maybe something on your desktop or in a folder of other songs and see it is links with the sequencer. If it works, the original MP3 is corrupt or something. If not, then Don may have a point of what he said.

I wanted to add, if it was itunes that you downloaded from, sometimes those MP3s can be locked/protected once converted to MP3 and not able to use. I ran into that a few years ago. Try another song, something you ripped from a CD or something.

Edited by Santas Helper

The S3 software suite requires Windows Media Player for musical sequences. If you can not install it on the machine you are using, you will be unable to use S3 for musical sequences.

I had this exact same problem, and can confirm re-installing Media Player corrected it.

If you have Windows 7, you should have Media Player. Try this:

1. Go to "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel. (or go to the global search in the start menu, and type "Add or Remove Programs".

2. Select "Turn Windows features on or off" from the left-hand menu.

3. Expand "Media Features" and then place a check-mark next to "Windows Media Player".

4. Click OK and follow the prompts.

That should do it, unless you have a "special" version of Windows 7?

I've built my show using an XP computer and will probably run the show from the same but I'm backing everything up to this Windows 7 64-bit laptop I'm on this very moment and it works here. My Windows Media player was already on this one when I bought it new. The previous suggestion was a good one. Turn on that part of windows using the Programs and Features in the control panel then select Turn on Windows Features.

Formatted my PC :-( and reloaded Windows 7 professional , Service pack 1. Windows media player comes default with this version of OS.

When I click on the media files, windows media player is launched to play the files.LOR is able to load the animation files - so LOR is installed fine and is working, Windows media player is installed and working.

I cant see the media files still in the LOR scheduler though. Not sure what else I can do.