Light-O-Rama Forums

Create a personal Light show

JeffinNC

I am a bit confused, i have a song mp3 and i am using the sequence editor 3.5.0 and I can play the song and have the lights flash when i want to. But when i go to save the file i get an error " ERROR SAVING FILE..... do you want to try to save to another file name? DETAIL: Cannot add a loop level to a musical sequence.

How do i take a song and save it to a light show? Am i using the wrong light o rama software?

A musical sequence can not use loops. Normally you would just to go Edit -> Turn off Loops to get rid of loops, but that option is grayed out (at least in my version) when a musical sequence is loaded. (Even if the loop is in there.)

To fix this, save the file as an animation sequence (File -> Save As -> Change to Animation .LAS sequence). Then remove the loops, and the Edit -> Media File to select your media file again. Be sure to save as a Musical Sequence (.LMS) file.

Once you do that, you can move to the Show Editor to create your shows, and then to the Schedule Editor to schedule them.