Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Editor & Simple Show Builder

PAnorthpole

I have discover the Simple Show Builder will not allow you to duplicate the same sequence twice into any single show. I assume this is correct but wish to confirm this with others that have used the Simple Show Builder....or am I missing some thing here?

I am creating a show with a mini director and want to use a single sequence in numerous areas of the show. The Show Editor will allow me to duplicate sequences into the show. To create the show to a SD card from the Show Editor, I once again assume I just need to send from the show editor file to the SD card.

Does this appear to be the correct way of creating the SD card for the director?

Thanks!..... for your anticipated guidance on my first show

PAnorthpole

I don't use the Simple Show Builder (SSB), but when I tested out a moment ago, it would seem that you can not choose the same sequence twice.

You can also use the Hardware Utility (HWU) and the "LOR MP3" tab to create your show for the mini director. This method will allow you to choose the same sequence twice (or more.)

Note that copying the show files created using the Show Editor will not work just by copying them to the SD card. You would either need to create the show via the SSB or the LOR MP3 tab in the HWU.

Thanks Don

Good thing I ask....didn't know that I would need to use the "Hardware Utility" program to create the show.

Seems odd the Simple Show Builder does not allow you to duplicate sequences in a show. It certainly seemed easy and straight forward. Guess I will venture into the hardware utility program and figure this one out!

Glad you were here for me to guide me through this one.........otherwise I would have been stumped once again.

Thanks Again you are so very helpful

PAnorthpole

I use the same sequence more than once in a show, I just make a copy and name it XXXX1, XXXX2, XXXX3 and put on the SD card.

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

WOW another great mind speaks!!!!!!!! you guys are the greatest. This would have worked for me and I could have used the Simple Show Builder.

Just came from the Utility Hardware program to put my show on a card. This was easier than one thought. Only one problem, one of the sequences in my show was WAV instead of MP3 and I could not add it to the show. After poking at these keys for a while and taking it into Audacity........success, converted the sequence to MP3 format.

I have no clue what the difference is between MP3 and WAV format.....guess I should read up on this one!

Is there any other negetative effects to a WAV format I should be aware of for future sequencing?

Thanks Again

PAnorthpole