Light-O-Rama Forums

Text Rotate Feature

dmount.quiver

Whenever I try to change the rotation of text the program shuts down and windows puts up an error message. I had just downloaded the new version of LOR and bought a 24 CCR liscence. Everything else's seems to work fine. Any ideas?

I spent a few hours looking at the code and trying some different things with rotating text and I cannot duplicate the problem. I had one other person report a similar problem, and I couldn't duplicate the problem then either. So it sounds like a bug that only happens on some computers. Realize I am not saying that there is anything wrong with your computer. There are some bugs that happen only on certain computers. My challenge is to try to find why it is working for me but failing on some other computers.

The steps that I have been doing are:

1) Launch SuperStar

2) Click on the Text button to get the Text dialog box to appear

3) Click on "Add" to add the default text action

4) I click on the "Play 8 seconds" button to see the text action

5) I click on one of the radio buttons that changes the rotation to either 0, 90, 180, or 270 degrees

6) I click on Modify

7) The other person that reported a similar problem said that the program hung right after clicking on 'Modify"

Are these the steps that will reproduce the problem on your computer? Does it happen every time?

I finally duplicated this bug. The way I can get it to happen is to do the following:

1) Launch SuperStar on a computer that has never run SuperStar before

2) Bring up the Text dialog box

3) Click on one of the radio buttons to change rotation to 0, 90, 180, or 270 degrees

4) Program will freeze and you will get one of those message boxes asking if you want to send a report to microsoft

The way to simulate a computer that has never run SuperStar before is to delete the SSEdit.cfg file in the SuperStar directory. If you do that and then do the steps above it will happen. It will only happen on a fresh sequence also, if you save a sequence, then launch SuperStar and open the sequence the bug won't happen.

This bug will be fixed in the next release.

Brian

Thanks for the info. Just as you said, after opening up superstar again the problem just disappeared. Obviously you can tell this is all new for me and so I am still learning a lot. Now that is has started working I have completed 1/2 of my first song. I very much enjoy your web site, especially the tutorials, thanks again for all the help.