Light-O-Rama Forums

How to/Help programming RGB Strips

johnson8ryley

I just got my everything bought for my 2012 RGB setup this year but now I must learn how to program RGB Devices. The Strip is a smart strip and is identical to the Cosmic Color Ribbon. Does anyone have any guides or tutorials on how to program these? My first question I have though is about how to set it up in sequence editor. I have 4 boxes amounting to a total of 64 channels but these do not plug into the LOR boxes and do not consume a channel so my question is, do I add 3 channels (3 strips) on top of the 64 channels from my boxes?

I should add that I have S3 and have an advanced license but do not have the superstar editor ( I believe that's what it's called )

Edited by johnson8ryley
  • Like 1

first off do you have dc controllers or ac controllers?,if you have a dc controller it will controll the strips but only as one pixle. it will change colors as an entire strip. to take advantage of the smart strip you need to go dmx. if you take a 150 led rgb smart strip for example it will take 150 channels to controll the strip at 50 pixles.and 450 channels to controll 150 pixles. you need to read up in the dmx section.

I already have everything sorted out. 2811 smart strip, large power supply (can't remember volts and ext) and a pixel controller all over E1.31. I've had my setup verified on ACL.