Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama Announcement

Guest guest

As we continue to expand, I am happy to say that we have a new Lead Software Developer at LOR. There are very few programmers in the world that have any experience with computerized lighting displays. We were luck enough to get a person with an excellent reputation in this field. Both technically compenent and just as importantly for us, dedicated to good customer service.

K.C. Oaks has joined LOR and will be taking a lead roll in getting LOR II released in the first half of this year. K.C. has authored the most widely used freeware program (Vixen) for computerized lighting enthusiasts.

K.C. brings a great enthusiasm and new ideas that will help the LOR ShowTime Software Suite reach our corporate goal of "indisputable the best in the industry".

Congratulations KC... I know you will be working for a great employer, if he treats his employees like the customers you will have it made. I am excited to hear that LOR II will be coming soon, and I know from what I have seen of vixen you will make a great contribution to the project.

Scottsgrfx wrote:

Welcome KC and congrats. And to Dan and family, their new addition to the family.

Well K.C. will not be moving in with us:)... Actually LOR has grown quit a bit over the years. Next month we start the buildout for a new location that is 4 times the size of our current location. Currently there are 3 business and the complex owner's storage in that section and they need to be moved to smaller pockets of the complex. They have not started moving them yet so my fingers are crossed. We want to be all set for the sale! We are staying in the same industrial complex so the move should have minimal disruption.

Congratulations to KC and the LOR family,

For the past year I have seen how KC has taken a list of everyone’s

Ideas and created one of the best light control programs we have ever seen.

KC has the ability to turn dreams into reality He doesn’t just make a wish list,

It’s made directly into a too do list. His expertise and dedication will help

everyone in the Christmas lighting community.

AL,LOR,Vixen

We are all the same family spreading the Joy of the Season with our lights

For all to see….

Ron Pottle

Also I would like to sit in my car and use my PDA to fine tune my sequences

Is this a dream (Haha)

Ponddude wrote:

Dan,

I just realized I live about 10 minutes from where you guys are located!! Can you spell field trip?!?!?!

Greg

I can imagine it now... Boy Scouts taking tours of the LOR factory...:laughing::laughing:

Ponddude wrote:

Dan,

I just realized I live about 10 minutes from where you guys are located!! Can you spell field trip?!?!?!

Greg

Greg, Sorry to burst your bubble but that is only a mailing address:{. Controllers are assembled and tested in Ft. Edward NY and are shipped from South Glens Falls, NY. In South Glens Falls we also have our offices.

LightORama wrote:

Greg, Sorry to burst your bubble but that is only a mailing address:{. Controllers are assembled and tested in Ft. Edward NY and are shipped from South Glens Falls, NY. In South Glens Falls we also have our offices.

Hey that's closer to me!! Only 3 1/2 hours!!

Fortran...*shudder* :laughing:

Looks like your business is growing, and in the right way!!

We, the proud owners of Light-O-Rama software and hardware, are very obviously in for a real treat when LOR II is released! Thank you Dan for having the desire to find the right person for the right job. It has been very interesting to read along and view the progress of KC's little project. The way he gathered together so many competent hobbiests to help him perfect it. He's such a nice guy, and from what I understand by reading his forum he's a very good programmer.

Good luck Dan and KC! I can't wait to get my anxious little paws on version II!!

:waycool:

Great News For The LOR Users and LOR Owners And Employees!

Dan, can you tease us a little and let us know what we might see
in the LOR II software?
I am very satisfied with the present LOR software, but it would be nice
to see some change. CHANGE IS GOOD! "Most of the time"

And Welcome aboard KC!!!!

Harbs