Light-O-Rama Forums

Are These Hackable?

Torqumada286

Well I can tell you it takes alot of creativity to make use up all 680 pixels on a board. I have a mega tree with 16 slices of 40 pixels. That is 640 pixels. I want to add a star with 40 pixels and run it off of 1 board. I still am unsure what parameters to put in the config utility.

I think Cheap DMX has a protocol convetor for these pixels but I'm not sure as their site is down at the moment

Readin' thru all this, mah brain jus' jellified and ran out mah right ear..

:blink:

If this E-stuff is the future.. I jus' discovered fire.. :lol:

Edited by TJ Hvasta
  • Like 1

I really want to get in to this but it seems like a lot. How do you controle this in lor? Also how do you hook up each strand of the ge pixels to the board. pics would be great. :)

Guest wbottomley

I really want to get in to this but it seems like a lot. How do you controle this in lor? Also how do you hook up each strand of the ge pixels to the board. pics would be great. :)

Start by reading this, this, and this. Then ask any question you might have.

Plus... I have a few other things here on my site.

Edited by wbottomley

I just realized why it is called the E680/E681 controller!!

Once you get the hang of RGB channels it really isn't that hard to program.

The E681 has many options to control multiple strings of different types of pixels so you are not married to just the strings above.

My suggestion is to start early and start playing.

Scott

Edited by Shubb

Yes they definitely are, I think that Joshua 1 System's E1.31 Controllers even support these.

The J1SYS ECG controllers will not support the GECE pixel, Only the sandevices E68x does and im not sure if Ed from J1SYS is planning on adding support for the GECE pixels

No this is not possible as the GECE use a different IC for their control. The CCR is a 6803 based IC. I actually use my CCR controllers to control 6803 modules these days instead of the CCR strip. The CCR strip is now being controlled by a ECG-P12R controller.