Light-O-Rama Forums

Too Much Information

miaskiewicz christian

Hello,

Is it a bug because when I write a post all this comes together :

• Location Hagondange in north-east FRANCE
  • How I learned about Light-O-Rama -:I've been sent a mail in 2008 including Richard HOLDMAN's Amazing Grace video and then tried to find out how he did it. :-)
    Then discovered Kevin and his Singing Pumpkins in 2009 and decided both to buy contollers and to build a Singing Snowman. Christmas 2010 was my 1st year with LOR
  • Favorite Decorating Holiday?:Christmas

For the other members only the location can be seen.

Is there a means to stop that without having to erase this information in my profile ?

Have a nice day

Christian

Christian,

Right now, it is working as expected. Only you (and moderators/admins) can see the information you mention in a post.

I don't know what the final outcome will be. Still researching the best way to present it, and still figuring out what people like. From what I'm reading, it's seems to be a 50/50 split. Some want the information there for everyone, others don't want it there at all.

Some want the information there for everyone, others don't want it there at all.

I think it's much too cluttered to be there for everyone. I think Name, City, and Post count (and possibly rep) is good enough. For everything else, profile is just a click away.

• Like 4

I agree with limiting displayed information. In the "old days" folks wanted it limited due to bandwidth issues (ie dial-up).

Today many mobile users would like it limited as well.

Name and location are all really that is needed.

Some want post counts, others don't.

One argument for post counts is to let folks on the forum know which individuals post more frequently, implying they may be a better source of information, which we know is not necessarily the case.

One arguent against is that post counts will induce some to increase their personal post count numbers by replying with posts that offer no additional information on the topic being discussed. (ie it becomes a contest to see who has higher post numbers).

I think it's much too cluttered to be there for everyone. I think Name, City, and Post count (and possibly rep) is good enough. For everything else, profile is just a click away.

I agree...I was just adding information to my profile and found it pop-up and i don't like it and now i can't get it off.

???? I thought we were talking about unecessary information cluttering up viewers screens, (going back to at least the 4th post) ???

I may have missed something...

This has been changed.

The information no longer shows up in your post. It now shows up in your profile.

• The topic was locked