Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer - How To Import Custom Image As Prop

fmcaninch

Working on my Halloween setup now and I am wondering if it is possible to create a prop like a single pumpkin for example and import it into the Visualizer program and be able to move it/manipulate it and assign a channel or more to it?

I would like to be able to import multiple props or images and move them around to position them as needed. Assign channels to them or simply use them as a visual for my design.

Yes, that is what the Visualizer is made to do. Once you make a prop, it can be moved to wherever you like in your "stage"

Don't have time to look around right now, but there are a few threads that people are sharing custom props on, just do a search for props or fixtures and you should find them.

Yes, I have seen those threads but that is not what i am looking for. I am not looking for a light string outline but an actual image like a clipart that I can import and move around. Maybe a prop is not the word for it.

Seems like a waste of time and not very productive if I need to add an object to my background in an image editor and then re-edit that image if I need to move something. Maybe this can be an option in an update.

The ability to create a light string in any shape and be able to move and re-size it in the Visualizer is great but in order to be able to "Visualize" the object better wouldn't it be more prudent to have that object visualized? I know that when I place a prop, it is difficult to see them sometimes on the background image I am using.

Well, just saying.....

Sorry, the Visualizer is not a photo editing program. It's primary use is for the simulation of light strings/etc.

Well, a bit disappointed with the cold reply from DevMike. Yes I know it is NOT an image editor, I may be dumb but I am not stupid.

@Jeff Millard, yes you are on the right path. I have tried the trick with using the LOR Object Creator and creating an object from an image but I know, somehow, it can be better. Maybe it can be an option to add in the Visualizer Updates. Meanwhile I will keep doing it the way I have been doing it, adding the props via an image editor and then importing the finished as a background for laying out my lights.

I do use the Visualizer on a second monitor while sequencing and it is very useful.

No one called you dumb nor stupid.

The Visualizer is simply NOT the program you need to do what you want to do. You need an image editor if you want to create 'photo realistic' stuff. Otherwise, do what Jeff suggests: Blow up a picture of the item, trace it with lights in the Visualizer, export the prop/fixture. Then import it onto your stage.

FYI, I'm going to have this moved into the Visualizer forum where it belongs.

I have used Shannons Lightorama Object Creator (LOROC), and it works great.

You had me at "great!" I am glad there is still a use for it. I have to get planning on this year's show. Still have yet to get the motivation engines firing...

Shannon