Light-O-Rama Forums

Forum Features, Questions About

Max-Paul

There is no spellcheck module built in to the IP.Board software. That is why you don't see one.

What web browser do you use? (And what version?) I'll try and track down why the built-in spell checker for your browser isn't working.

Is there a way to see who is online ??

Also, can we show to all our location ?? Sorry, typing as I learn :)

Re: Online - Not at this time.

Re: Location - If you have them set in your profile, they will show in your posts.

If you go to the right hand corner and press that bubble symbol you can view who is olnine and even the topics they are viewing. The topic thing is a little creepy though.

Edited by Caleb Linburg

I use IE8. I guess I just got use to the old Forum where I could check the spelling.

Well, this won't make you feel any better, then. Some of the other modern forum/message board solutions don't have spell check built into them either.

Sadly, neither does IE8.

You might try one of the 3rd party spell checking add-on's. (Or consider a different browser when viewing the LOR Forums.)

I'm actually surpriesed IE8 doesn't have a spellchecker built in. It's pretty standard.

I'm usually one who rolls my eyes when fanboys talk about how crappy IE is and that I should be using Netscape (scratch that) Opera (scratch that) Firefox (scratch that) Chrome or whatever the latest fad browser of the day is. But it's pretty ridiculous they aren't keeping up with something as basic as spell check.

When I read a topic and then go back, it always goes to the top of the section instead of where the thread was. As I go back in topics it goes back to the top of the forum. Am I missing something?

A few question here,

I see some people with from 1 to 3 circles under their name, what is that for?

I see admin with 2 stars under the name, what is that mean?

If I go to my profile, I see stars under my name, does the number of stars there mean anything?

Okay, that was three questions, sorry.

A few question here,

I see some people with from 1 to 3 circles under their name, what is that for?

I see admin with 2 stars under the name, what is that mean?

If I go to my profile, I see stars under my name, does the number of stars there mean anything?

Okay, that was three questions, sorry.

Those are part of the default configuration for the forum software. They didn't get changed, so they mean ... whatever you want them to mean. :)

If you go to the right hand corner and press that bubble symbol you can view who is olnine and even the topics they are viewing. The topic thing is a little creepy though.

When I do that and go to community and then users online..

I get this error..

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10230]

You are not permitted to view our online list.

Need Help?

Is this by design ? Or can it be turned on for all if the powers that be deem it so?

Anyone figure out a way to change the default colors. Personally I find light gray on off-white to be very low contrast and hard to read. The text of messages isn't too bad, but the automatically added stuff such as the date and time that messages were posted, signatures (except when color specified), etc to be almost unreadable.

When I read a topic and then go back, it always goes to the top of the section instead of where the thread was. As I go back in topics it goes back to the top of the forum. Am I missing something?

When looking at a list of topics, there is a small blue button/circle that goes with threads that have unread messages. If you click on that button, it will take you to the first unread post. (Hovering your mouse over it will even pop-up the text, "Go to first unread post")

• The topic was locked