Light-O-Rama Forums

Moderator Approval?

Gero_Xmas

I have been a member for some time and posted a question in the S3 Fourm and the posted need mod approved???? is this correct Yes I and logged on to the site as a member and not a guest.

Cheer

Accounts with few (or zero) posts are moderated. This is done to prevent spammers from getting on the forum and posting their, uh, stuff, for sale, etc.

I've gone ahead and corrected the issue with your account.

Is it ok to talk about non LOR quipment in the midway zone? I think I interpret the rules to say that. I'm pretty sure I'm using LOR for my first show, but I might have other items I have questions about.

I brand new here, and don't want to upset anyone.

Is it ok to talk about non LOR quipment in the midway zone? I think I interpret the rules to say that. I'm pretty sure I'm using LOR for my first show, but I might have other items I have questions about.

I brand new here, and don't want to upset anyone.

Nobody put me in charge, but here's my own opinion:

These are the LOR fourms, so hardware/software discussions should be LOR-centric. What does that mean?

* If you're asking/answering questions about how to use non-LOR hardware within a mostly LOR display, that's cool (after all, the whole point of building DMX and E1.31 into the software is to do that)

* If the point of your post is a how-to on how you made your own <lor product> for X% of the cost via DIY, out of respect for LOR, I would say that there are other forums for that sort of information.

Just my thoughts. Could be totally different than LOR's thoughts.

-Tim

• Like 1

Thank you for that insight. I can understand that. I'll assume everything non-LOR is taboo unless the moderators say otherwise.

I certainly would not want to get any demerits or those warning points for saying the wrong thing.

I wouldnt say its Taboo, but more disrespectful of what we are here for. I use lots of outside hardware, but I do use LOR hardware and software as my main show elements. We share what we create all the time, as pointed out DMX and 1.31 are less to do with LOR and more DIY. Some of us are using a lot of outside hardware but still LOR is the base (software) that runs the show. Light-O-Rama is a great plug and play solution for anyone trying to get into this hobby, other than sequencing they make it fool proof. Anyone can mess up a sequence, but again there are plenty of paid for and free ones to get someone a show with minimal work. I like that if I have an issue with the Hardware or Software, they are there to fix it fast and thats what keeps me here is the customer support. So dont be afraid of sharing ideas, I just wouldnt make a post of all DIY and not use some type of LOR connection.

• The topic was locked