Light-O-Rama Forums

New Sequence, Rock Ye Merry Gentlement

BrianBruderer

There is a new sequence on youtube at:

The sequence is to "Rock Ye Merry Gentlemen" by James Guymon. The song was produced by "Pointy Eared Elf Productions" which is sort of my music label. The song was created and performed by "Laboratory XLII" which is a combination of synthesized music and live performers.
The song is a smooth rock/jazz version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." I especially like the harpsicord part in the middle.

Enjoy!

Torqumada286 wrote:

Very nice. Is the music available some place for purchase?

Torqumada

Yes, the song will be available for purchase separately on my website at www.superstarlights.com
It should be there within a week or so.

-Brian Bruderer

jimswinder wrote:

Will this one be for sale on your website?

Yes, by this weekend or next, it will be available for purchase on my web site at www.superstarlights.com

And since I have rights to the song I can distribute the audio file with the sequence.

-Brian Bruderer

BrianBruderer wrote:

Torqumada286 wrote:
Very nice. Is the music available some place for purchase?

Torqumada

Yes, the song will be available for purchase separately on my website at www.superstarlights.com
It should be there within a week or so.

-Brian Bruderer

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for that.

Torqumada

• 4 weeks later...

Very Nice. Maybe one year I will step off the deep end and go with some CCR's.

Very nice job! Looks like I am going to have to go ahead and get the other nine CCRs. I love all of the sequences with the tree. It is limited to what you can do with only three.

Neat show, I like all the ones you do with the CCR's. Im sure you use Macros heavily making them not work so well for my setup.

Wow! I love it! You did an incredible job sequencing. It was fun seeing something new as the song kept going.

GoofyGuy wrote:

Neat show, I like all the ones you do with the CCR's. Im sure you use Macros heavily making them not work so well for my setup.

Actually, there are no Macros in "Rock Ye Merry Gentlemen". The SuperStar sequencer does all of its effects using raw channel commands. You can do some cool things with the macros, but you could not do all of the effects you see in the sequences. The problem with the macros is that they put the CCR into a "mode" where you can do a particular type of chase pattern, but you can't mix macros.
So to get maximum versatilty no macros are used to create the effects. It is confusing because there is a Macro dialog box in the SuperStar Sequencer, but that is only to use the "Pixel Resolution" macro. You need that macro to reduce the resolution for when you do very fast effects on all of the ribbons at once because the hardware can't keep up with the massive channel commands and will "lag". So in "Carol of the Bells" and "Wizards in Winter" there are places where I reduce the resolution from the standard 50 pixels to 25 or 10 pixels and that reduces the number of channel commands and gets rid of the lag. About 60% of the 12 CCR Wizards in Winter is in 25 pixel resolution, you don't notice it because the effects are so fast, your eye doesn't notice that the resolution went down.

Great job Brian: How many networks do you have on that tree to get those effects? I assume there are 12 CCR's

gmac wrote:

Great job Brian: How many networks do you have on that tree to get those effects? I assume there are 12 CCR's

Yes, there are 12 CCRs. I have 2 networks, 6 CCRs on each network.