Light-O-Rama Forums

Working With Video Questions

uthdude

A couple of questions while working with video...

1) When I put a show together some videos show full screen while other come up in the small window. This happens randomly. I have set all my sequences to "full screen" before adding them to the show, but it still seems to be happening.

2) Is there a way to to avoid the screen showing the small window box in the upper corner in between songs? This is just annoying.

In the sequence editor, click on edit, preferences, video preferences

Check the use full screen mode.

I have learned to use two monitors so the video goes to the other monitor (use select monitor).

The only time I have had your issue, is when I use a single monitor....

The first question I can't answer because it never happened to me. The first ting what comes to my mind is a different resolution between your videos.

About your second question. I have the same problem. For the video I use a projector as second monitor for the video in my christmas display. Between the sequences the mediaplayer shuts down and will be reopend.

I've tried to find the problem in the showbuilder, the sequence editor and in the WM player without any luck.

The only conclusion is that after the showbuilder is done playing the sequence includin' the video it closes the WM player. when the next sequence starts the player will be opened again and you will see the frame of the WMplayer for a brief moment.

As far as I know there is no way to work around it. Iam sorry.

Greatings,

Tom van Houts

Thanks for the input so far.

I have set the sequences to show in full screen, and set everything else up as required. My PC supports multiple outputs. I have my VGA signal going to my monitor and my HDMI going out to my projector. Do I need to set up a separate video card to handle the output to my projector in order to solve the video sizing problem?

The video output to your monitor is used for sequences and your other bureau assesoires. The second output you use for your projection.

In the sequence software you set the video output to the second monitor/projector. You probebly now how that will be done.

Your projector has a maximum video resolution. In that resolution for example 800x600 your video will be shown. If your video is smaller for example 600x400 there is a change that the projection on the second screen is smaller. You have to make sure that your videos constantly have the same resolution.

You already have two video outputs so you don't need another videocard.

The above doesn't change anything to the visibility of the frame from the Mediaplayer by switching from sequence to sequence.

By the way, In my case the videos only work in WMplayer classic.

I hope this will help you.

I solved my oversizing issues with the projector. First make sure your projector is set to be SVGA. This will make it use your default screen size, not 640x480 or 800x600. You should get 1024x768 - which works perfectly. Next is to know exactly where you are putting your projector and where you are putting your screen. This is so you can set up the distance and play with the zoom.

By the way what are you using for a screen? I project through the back of my screen which is a light brown shower curtain from wally world.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. After working with the HelpDesk for about a week they suggested that I convert my wmv files to another video format. I converted to .AVI files and it looks like that might have solved the video sizing issue. I have been running a test show and so far so good.

As for as the little Window popping up after every video, there seems to be no fix for that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There was another Thread on the "little window" issue started by Patrick on Nov 12, 2011 listed under Video Question...for those interested...Still working on a fix as well...

I run LOR 2.94 with Vista and mirror my monitor and I have the same little window pop up...I'll just learn to live with it as it only last for a sec or 2. I doubt it will be that much of a problem...I have a Christmas background run on the Desktop when not showing a video so that works well.