Light-O-Rama Forums

Do I have to build a new Animation?

oj70chevy

Good morning all. I cant seem to figure out how to use the same animation from the first Sequence i made on a new one i want to work on. Can this be done or do i have to set a new one every time a start a new Sequence? just thinking this will take a lot of time to draw it all out every time I want to work on a new song. And I do think it is essential to have it so I know what the display will look like. I also know time will change and so will the display but for now can i build one and use it on all Sequences until I need to make a change to it. Thanks.

Edit: sorry Admin, can you move this to the Sequence Forum. Thanks

Are you using S2 or S3?

If S2, the "animation" is in your saved Channel Configuration (if you in fact have saved one). Sounds liek you are using S2, so you need to open up a sequence where you have the animation and then go to EDIT>EXPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION. After you have saved this and named it, then when you begin a new sequence, you will see an option to use a saved Channel Configuration. If you miss this step, you can always add it later by going to EDIT>IMPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION.

If S3, the "animation" is separate and can be imported when you open the S3 Visualizer...

PS That's one badass Puddycat you have there!!! :P

jimswinder wrote:

Are you using S2 or S3?

If S2, the "animation" is in your saved Channel Configuration (if you in fact have saved one). Sounds liek you are using S2, so you need to open up a sequence where you have the animation and then go to EDIT>EXPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION. After you have saved this and named it, then when you begin a new sequence, you will see an option to use a saved Channel Configuration. If you miss this step, you can always add it later by going to EDIT>IMPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION.

If S3, the "animation" is separate and can be imported when you open the S3 Visualizer...

PS That's one badass Puddycat you have there!!!  :P

Just want to point out that in both S2 and S3 the animation window is located within the sequence editor. "Animation" in S3 is not a stand alone product. The LOR Visualizer is a stand-alone product.

You can't import your "Animation" into the LOR Visualizer. Two completely different programs. You have to create your visualization within the visualizer, which you can use with any sequence.

oj70chevy wrote:

Jim - not sure, but am guessing S3. I am running Sequence Editor v3.2.4 Advanced.

Thanks both of you...
But were you able to decipher my incorrect answer and Don's pointing you in the right direction and get it to work?

jimswinder wrote:

oj70chevy wrote:
Jim - not sure, but am guessing S3. I am running Sequence Editor v3.2.4 Advanced.

Thanks both of you...
But were you able to decipher my incorrect answer and Don's pointing you in the right direction and get it to work?

lol yha i got it now. one last question on this "I hope" how can i import fixtures like a snowman wreath and such.

oj70chevy wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
oj70chevy wrote:

Thanks both of you...

lol yha i got it now. one last question on this "I hope" how can i import fixtures like a snowman wreath and such.

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum77/27475.html

check out this thread,when you find what you want save it to your visualizations,under props or fixtures then you can import it into you visualization