Light-O-Rama Forums

Good Bye Christmas 2011

KenL_MCSE

Once again I had another great show season with my LOR equipment and software. I turned my show on Thanksgiving at 6pm and tonight at 10PM my last show will be completed. I only had to reboot my computer 2 times!

This year I was a little worried because I introduced a lot of RGB's and a lot of DMX. The release of S3 and native DMX was just what I needed to pull off my show. The quality and workmanship the LOR team supplies is outstanding!

Let’s hear the GOOD stories only - if you had a bad experience; we are sorry. But this thread to tell LOR just how happy we are with their efforts in bringing us great equipment and software!

Lets spread some happiness this year!

We just finished up another great year, we had a few issues with CCR's and 2 stuck channels on a new controller, but nothing that couldn't be worked around with a little of thought. All in all a great year........Now to start thinking about 2012 :)

my first year with light o rama was almost perfect had alot of fun with it this year the one lesson I learn this year is to NOT!!! update during the show season still the first year was great :)

I start tear down tomorrow, although the wind is causing some issues today. It was a great season for me as well, luckily I won the battle with a rascally rabbit. Lots of mothballs works, but getting them removed via live trap even better.

Looking forward to doing something for Valentines day.
Thanks again guys and gals for your help and suggestions and great laughs in 2011. Happy new Year!

As a newbie in 2011, I had no idea what to expect my first year. Despite all of the warnings on this forum, I chose to dive in head first in mid-November. To be honest, I don't know how I pulled it off, but I did. And like everyone else, it was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done!

I am already working on sequences for 2012, have placed my orders for pre-sale LED's, and I eagerly await the spring LOR sale. Happy New Year to all of you and I look forward to learning and sharing my addiction with all of you.

No stuck channels, no problems with controllers. Had 1/2 of two different stings of lights go out, and that is the ONLY problem I had all season long.

A wonderful year, lots of visitors, and lots of positive comments from people I know and don't know.

And three families left notes attached to treats on my front doorstep. Can't beat that for a great year.

One resolution: I will NOT wait and procrastinate sequencing. I am starting tomorrow after the lights are down!

Hi all ,
Well after recieving my controllers towards the end of november I did think about just doing a static display but the wife insisted that we fire head on with our plans , so up went 16 mini trees along with countless rope lights.
Everyone who visited commented on such a lovely display and were impressed with the Music/sequencing but alas it didnt last the whole season due to very poor incans on my mini trees meaning that by the 27th I'd lost all my mini trees to lamp faliure .
Learnt a lot from last year and now have big plans for this year and I'm converting to all LED.
Thanks to all on here for your support and advice , we couldn't of done it without your help.

Onward and upward in 2012 :D

Jerry

My second year and only minor problems.The weather was awesome untill last night we had thunder snow and now at tear down my cords are getting frozen in :)We raised just over $1,000 for the local salvation army.Happy 2012 everyone.

We learned alot this year, got a late start due to deciding to take the plunge late, started off our first season with 3 controllers arriving around Thanksgiving. The only problems that we encountered were rookie mistakes, or due to learning the system. Overall we were very impressed and we are looking forward to next year. Yes we are adding more controllers, we are hooked.

Well I don't consider 2011's display completely done until it's down and packed away myself. But that's just me!:(

Display ran fairly well, although I did lose far too many LED strands in the Christmas Display this year. But I blame that on these were of inferior quality from the Big Box stores.

The main ones I lost were the C9 White LED strands, but also lost some Multi-colored LED M5's and a few Multi-Colored LED Net-Lights which I believe came from Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes and Target.

The only ones that have held up this past season that surprised me came from Big Lots!, go figure....:? And the Lowes 200ct C6(C3?) spools I bought in 2010 have thus far been really good, but they are the ones on the eves of the house.

So from losing so many LED strands during the 2011 Christmas Season, I am buying 108 SEALED LED Strands this year for my 2012 displays. I will not go back to "store bought" LED's, lesson learned.

But I just didn't have the funds available to go with Sealed Strings and always believed that being able to replace the LED bulb was better, but after conversing with many folks here on the forums and their years of use and experience with sealed LED strings, I'm switching over to them as well.

And I know this will be the smartest move I make in this hobby, thanks to the experts here.

So I'm replacing all the store bought junk LED Strands with quality LED strands. Don't know what brand they are, but I am buying them from Jacob Dell at MitS: http://www.magicinthesky.com/

Or to go to their lighting page directly: http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting/

Am really looking forward to getting these for my 2012 displays!

The 12 M5 LED Orange strands I'm getting will be to replace Orange incans in my Coro Arches. The other 96 strands, mostly C6, and 12 C7 stringers will be used for my Christmas display. (currently I don't even have that many LED strands total in my Christmas display! So it's gonna be bigger and brighter for 2012!) :D

In 100 words or less, this was our greatest year yet!

We had a couple technical glitches (operator error) early on and a couple strings that needed replacing, but that was pretty much it. 38 controllers and one bad triac. Doesn't get much better.

The weather has been totally awesome for December in Minnesota. Couple that with the excellent TV exposure, and we raised over $4300 for our local foodshelf! Yee-ha!

had a great first year as well,learned alot for this year, had a few minor issues with triacs but no software issues.

2010 ran almost flawlessly; first year; Lots of positive comments 48 channels

2011 ran flawlessly; even more positive comments, people asking me if I'll do it again; 64 channels

2012; hoping for 128 channels
LOR Rocks!

and no chipmunks :(