Light-O-Rama Forums

Show problem ... advice needed

TWright

I checked my lights with the Hardware Utility ... ok except some channels were on when they weren't supposed to be.
I thought I'd run a sequence to see if it straightened itself out. I built a simple show but got this error:

Trace Handlel 0) Musical c: Documents and Settingsmy nameLight-o-rama sequence seq. name
Error with sequence
Address in use
Trace: UDP SetIntensity

What does that mean?
Tom

What program are you using when you get that error? When exactly does it happen?

Please check your Sequence Editor setting "Play / Control Holiday Lights Designer", and your LOR Control Panel setting "Use Holiday Lights Designer". If either of these are on, turn them off, and see if the error continues.

If that fixes the problem, and you don't intend to use Holiday Lights Designer, great. But if it fixes the problem and you do intend to use Holiday Lights Designer, then I would try changing the port numbers that it is set up to use. These are set on the LOR end in Edit / Preferences / Holiday Lights Designer Preferences, and I think you have to set them in HLD itself, too.

Bob,
Thank you for your advice ... evidently it worked. As to my other post concerning channels staying on when they weren't supposed to, I got some info from a very competent young man at LOR today ... it looks like I'll have to do some repair work.
Thank you, again ... I knew I could rely on you... you're the best.
Tom