Light-O-Rama Forums

SS Questions

Jeff Kesler

Playing around with SS over the last few days before programming and now when I click on "Scene" it does not go
into monochrome mode. So now I have RGB and White. Not sure where it went. Also in the sample.sup file the grid for the tree is seperate from the star and also is oriented like the tree, vertically. Can we do that to our
custom visualization file? It's akward to have it turned 90 degrees from the tree so drawing segments to go up and down are going left and right in the grid.

Jeff Kesler wrote:

Playing around with SS over the last few days before programming and now when I click on "Scene" it does not go
into monochrome mode. So now I have RGB and White. Not sure where it went. Also in the sample.sup file the grid for the tree is seperate from the star and also is oriented like the tree, vertically. Can we do that to our
custom visualization file? It's akward to have it turned 90 degrees from the tree so drawing segments to go up and down are going left and right in the grid.

The problem you describe where it won't go into monochrome mode sounds like a bug. Is it a bug you can reproduce? If so, do you have the steps to reproduce it.

As for the orientation of the sequencing grid:
There are two modes that you can run in, Visualization Mode and CCR/CCB/Firefli Mode.
As you say, in CCR/CCB/Firefli Mode you can choose to orient the ribbons horizontally, or vertically and the sequencing grid is oriented to match what you choose.
In Visuzization mode the sequencing grid is always oriented horizontally, and as you say, if your CCRs are vertical it is a pain to sequence horizontally when the ribbons are vertical.
Being horizontal works well for most light displays because most lights tend to form horizontal rows, such as rows of bushes, or mini trees. But if you have vertical rows such as vertical CCRs then it isn't best suited for that.
Worst yet, is if you have a visualization with rows of mini-trees, and vertical CCRs, for that it would be best to have some horizontal sequencing rows and some vertical sequencing rows. Something I will have to work on next year.
For this year, there is a work around to the sequencing of your vertical CCRs. The program always places your CCRs first in the sequencing rows. This is so that you can use sequences that were created in CCR/CCB/Firefli mode.
For example, you can open up CarolOfThe Bells_47sec.sup and it will put you into CCR/CCB/Firefli mode becuase that was the mode the sequence was created in. But, you can then import visualization file SuperStar_ControllersBottomLeft.lee (it is in the samples folder)
The Carol of the Bells sequence will still be there, and you will be looking at a visualization file of vertical CCRs. You then play the sequence to the visualization. If there were other lights in the visualization you could add effects to those lights in addition to the CCR sequence that is already there.
So, in that way you can create a sequence in CCR/CCB/Firefli mode and later combine it with your visualization.
This was a rather long reply. I hope it makes sense. Feel free to post again if it needs clarification.
Also, I am glad you are exploring these features. Most people are only importing visualization files to do an instant sequence on. There are not many people yet that are writing custom sequences using the visualizations. I welcome your feedback on how I can improve it.