Light-O-Rama Forums

AutoSequence String Lights

WilliamS

Is it possible to have the rows run as different effects. Its seems that it uses all the strings/leds as 1 effect? I would like the minis to do something different than the window fixtures? Is this even possbile or was S3 mostly made for the Ribbons?

GoofyGuy wrote:

Is it possible to have the rows run as different effects. Its seems that it uses all the strings/leds as 1 effect? I would like the minis to do something different than the window fixtures? Is this even possbile or was S3 mostly made for the Ribbons?

The Instant Sequence feature creates effects for each 'sequencing row'. The rows of green squares are the sequencing rows. By default, when you import a visualization it sorts the light strings by rows. The green horizontal lines on top of your visualization is where it found a row of lights. If all the lights in that row will fit in a sequencing row, than they all get put in the same sequencing row. That way the Instant Sequence feature can do chases effects on that row of lights and they should visually look like a chase effect.

Currently, if it is not sorting them the way you want, the best way to change that is to move your strings of lights so that the ones you want grouped together all fall in a horizontal row. Next year I want to allow you to specify the order manually.

Hope this makes sense. If you want, you can zip up your visualization file and email it to me at brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it, thank you. The autosequence will be only used for small parts of the music when I want everything moving the same way, lights, props, and CCRs as it seems to take the hard work out of it.