Light-O-Rama Forums

Two cool things

WiggyHD

My kids came running in the door after school saying: "One of our teachers asked if it was our house he heard about on the radio". Cool huh!

While I was trying to video at dusk (sunset behind my house though), a car stopped and told me that it was worth all of my effort! Cool huh!

Thanks to all who have guided me through this first season! Five sequences so far, and trying to add another one by the end of the week. Saving up for another controller for an animation of trees between shows.

THANKS!
Mark

Very cool! This is my first season too, I've only got 3 sequences done, started late and had no idea what I was doing setting up stuff etc, so I plan to do a Halloween show and plan/prepare and really go crazy lol.

I'm trying to add a couple more sequences as well.

There is not a better feeling than seeing a child smile when the show is on. we are all kids inside and the warmth is felt by all. good luck with all your blinky blinky's

We live just outside a small town city limits, and I don't know of anybody else doing this with the exception of the city park does a big animated show. My kids are making new friends since they heard about the lights, and asking my girls "when are they on?", "can we park in front of the house and watch?". We have two driveways with on of them being a circular drive. I'm thinking next year (if finances are willing) I will do the hoop thing along the circular drive and that animation will stop when the show starts and they can drive through a tunnel of lights?

This has been just too much fun! My wife is finally into it since she watched the first time.

Mark

Hi Guys,

This is my fourth year and it's always cool when you get compliments and it never
gets old seeing the people enjoying your hard work and especially the kids.

Have a great holiday season!

Ed

WiggyHD wrote:

We live just outside a small town city limits, and I don't know of anybody else doing this with the exception of the city park does a big animated show. My kids are making new friends since they heard about the lights, and asking my girls "when are they on?", "can we park in front of the house and watch?". We have two driveways with on of them being a circular drive. I'm thinking next year (if finances are willing) I will do the hoop thing along the circular drive and that animation will stop when the show starts and they can drive through a tunnel of lights?

This has been just too much fun! My wife is finally into it since she watched the first time.

Mark

I put up arches this year over the drive. Within the first 3 hours, someone drove into 2 of them on accident. Now I close the gate to the driveway...

Word of wisdom to you 1st year newbies. Congratulations on gettings your displays up and running. Last year I had a tour bus that would show up in front of my house so I know the feeling. This is my 3rd year to do a Christmas show and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. I have been running around like a mad man as I let the year get away with me. So... the moral to the story is to pace yourself throughout the year and keep programming, and most of all, have fun. There are a lot of sequences around that you can download and adapt to your particular display. Here is one of the links: www.sequencecenter.com/

Take care,

Mike

PLMCRZY wrote:

I see there are at least two more Arkies doing light shows. Wonder how many more there are? I know of one more here in NE Arkansas and two in Jacksonville.

I know of one in Bismarck,:P one in Gurdon, and one in Hot Springs.

Not to mention the one in this thread.

Glad to hear your 1st year is a success Mark!!!:cool:

Its awesome hearing people who enjoy what we do. I have saw several FB post about our display and several people (who I don't know) said something to me about it at our kids school concert.