Light-O-Rama Forums

1 LOR controller not being seen...

Guest guest

I have a 16d that I purchased last year. Not sure if I ran it last year or not. Plugged it in this year, and I can't for the life of me get the hardware utility to recognize it. I'm using the orignal serial connector no usb.

I've eliminated cabling as an issue. Same cable in different controllers work fine.

I've reset the unit using the 0-0 setting.

I've checked both fuses with a meter and both show continuity.

The LED flashes so I assume I have power properly...

I'm not sure what to try next. It's a green board, with the original firmware.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

J.

Jeremy,

I just recently had the same problem with 2 ctb16d's, and couldn't figure them out. I have 12 other ones that are working fine, but those 2 were giving me fits. They would not recognize no matter what I did. My suggestion is to contact Dan, as I did, and even though he is very busy right now, he will make it right. He has never left me hanging. :)

One suggestion would be to isolate it, if you haven't already, and test it by itself. Use another cable, just to be sure.

Have you tried typing the controller number in the select unit field of the hardware utility? If the unit is not being found automatically you can manually enter it and then select an affect. What version of the hardware utility are you running?

LightORama wrote:

Does the LED every stop blinking on that unit?

Tried plugging the CAT5 into different RJ45 sockets on the card?

Thanks Dan! That did the trick. I moved it to the end of the line and tried the other jack (I thought they had to be in/out). Worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!!

J.