Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Cubicle Decorating Contest

Johnnyo103

ok here's a pic that will give a better indication... i had an old wooden wheelbarrow with the pumpkins stacked inside of it, strawbales with the skeletons stuck in them, an old wooden barrel with a strobe light inside shining on the witch, and then a lot of fall stuff like corn stalks, gourds, leaves, rat, spider, etc... Hope that gives a better indication of what was inside. I only used 14 channels which included two red spot lights.

Attached files 278059=15411-IMGP1111.JPG

That's cool. So how did the coworkers like having to have the lights off for you to showcase it during the judging? Anyone complain about you bringing all the stuff in? Some of my coworkers in the past would have flipped out, and called cheater because of the LOR controller. Also did you just use work pc for show or use a minidirector?

That's cool. So how did the coworkers like having to have the lights off for you to showcase it during the judging? Anyone complain about you bringing all the stuff in? Some of my coworkers in the past would have flipped out, and called cheater because of the LOR controller. Also did you just use work pc for show or use a minidirector?

The lights didn't bother anybody because I had bought a big roll of black plastic and made a tent out of my cube so that it was completely enclosed and dark. Plus it was great working in the dark! But it did get sort of hot and stuffy. The music i only turned up when somebody came in to see it and I didn't turn it up very loud... or i may have had problems. I did use my work pc to run the LOR scheduler. The person who had the 2nd best decorated cubicle was pissed at me for using the LOR... but such is life :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job at work!! I thought about doing something similar where I assign each pumpkin to my team and then I would light them to the animation. But then, our safety guy actually came down on someone for just putting ONE strand of mini-lights around the parimeter of their cubicle saying it could be a circuit fire hazard!!!

Wow - -I might have lost it if I set something up even half as detailed as yours and then a safety guy tells me to take it down becuase it it dangerous!!!

Again, well done!