Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's export every upside down in visualiser

Kieren James

Hi

I'm totally new to Christmas lighting programing this year and

l was hopeing someone can help.

This is most likely a very basic mistake that l'm making.

I have purchase the LOR3 suit and 12 CCR's

I also purchase the superstar sequences from the supestar site to save myself some programming time, being new to it all

I change the controllers be at the top of the tree in the Superstar sequencer and then I exported this to LOR3 and have tried to get it to play correctly in the visualiser.

But every is playing upside down!

It works ok when l leave the controller at the bottom, so l image there is something simple l'm missing to get it to work correctly.

I tried changing the starting pixal address from 1 to 50 in the visualiser thinking that this would change the direction. But it only comes up with an error.

I tried to find info in the help menuewith no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fx this very frustrating situation

Thanks heaps

:P

jeromej wrote:

Hi

I'm totally new to Christmas lighting programing this year and

l was hopeing someone can help.

This is most likely a very basic mistake that l'm making.

I have purchase the LOR3 suit and 12 CCR's

I also purchase the superstar sequences from the supestar site to save myself some programming time, being new to it all

I change the controllers be at the top of the tree in the Superstar sequencer and then I exported this to LOR3 and have tried to get it to play correctly in the visualiser.

But every is playing upside down!

It works ok when l leave the controller at the bottom, so l image there is something simple l'm missing to get it to work correctly.

I tried changing the starting pixal address from 1 to 50 in the visualiser thinking that this would change the direction. But it only comes up with an error.

I tried to find info in the help menuewith no luck.

Can anyone point me  in the right direction to fx this very frustrating situation

Thanks heaps

:P

You are right, the documentation is weak in this area. First let me ask, are you using the 'Canned' CCR layouts in the SuperStar software, or are you importing a visualization?
It sounds like you have a visualization that you built in the S3 visualizer and you are exporting the sequence and then playing it to the S3 Visualizer from the S3 Sequence Editor. I might say, this being your first year, you are doing well to have figured it all out this far!
It sounds like you have a visualization file but you are using the 'canned' layouts in the SuperStar program. What Try importing the visualization and creating your sequences in the visualization mode. Note also, that if you already have some sequences using the 'canned' ccr layouts, you can still use them. Load the sequence and then import the visualization and it should still play fine on your visualization. Save the file and next time you load it, it will use the visualization.

Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply

I have built a CCR tree in the LOR visualiser using the CCR tree wizard. This is parts of my over all display.

I have others lights on my house that l plan to control with other LOR controllers both AC and DC units, these have also been build in the visualiser.

I opened the Christmas Cannon file that l purchased from superstar in the superstar programe that came with the LOR3 suit, and change the configeration via the layout option to place to the controllers to the top of the tree.

I exported this to the LMS file and open it in the LOR sequence editor. I then made sure that all the wiring in the visualiser and the the sequence editior where all the same

And it all worked ok

Bar the CCR tree, which play the notes in the Christmas Cannon upside down.

In fact the whole sequence is upside down.

I thought that you might be able to change the numbering of the pixals in the Visualiser. As it always put pixal 1 at the bottom of the tree.

And l thought that it would have to be at the top as that is wher the controllers are. But l wasn't able to find a way to do this.

I imagine that how it is displayed in the visualiser is how its going to be on the actual tree or will it play ok on the tree, and the problem is only with the visualiser?

Note sure what you mean by 'çanned lay outs'

I thought by changing the postion of the controllers and exporting as a new file that this would be reflected in the sequence editor and the visualiser.

Am l on the wrong track with this thought?

When you say to try and import and create in visulaisation mode? Are you saying to do this in the Superstar program? Or the LOR sequencer?

I tried to import my visualisation into superstar, but it only display half the scene and you cannot scroll across or up and down top see the rest.

Not sure if l did anything wrong here.

All of the programming l'm completing is for the other lights in my display to support the Christmmas Cannon file that l purchased for the CCR tree.

So not sure how you can do this if l'm doing it in the superstar visualiser.

Appreciate any help

:)

jeromej wrote:

Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply

I have built a CCR tree in the LOR visualiser using the CCR tree wizard. This is parts of my over all display.

I have others lights on my house that l plan to control with other LOR controllers both AC and DC units, these have also been build in the visualiser.

I opened the Christmas Cannon file that l purchased from superstar  in the superstar programe that came with the LOR3 suit, and change the configeration via the layout option to place to the controllers to the top of the tree.

I exported this to the LMS file and open it in the LOR sequence editor. I then made sure that all the wiring in the visualiser and the the sequence editior where all the same

And it all worked ok 

Bar the CCR tree, which play the notes in the Christmas Cannon upside down.

In fact the whole sequence is upside down.

I thought that you might be able to change the numbering of the pixals in the Visualiser. As it always put pixal 1 at the bottom of the tree.

And l thought that it would have to be at the top as that is wher the controllers are. But l wasn't able to find a way to do this.

I imagine that how it is displayed in the visualiser is how its going to be on the actual tree or will it play ok on the tree, and the problem is only with the visualiser?

Note sure what you mean by 'çanned lay outs'

I thought by changing the postion of the controllers and exporting as a new file that this would be reflected in the sequence editor and the visualiser.

Am l on the wrong track with this thought?

When you say to try and import and create in visulaisation mode? Are you saying to do this in the Superstar program? Or the LOR sequencer?

I tried to import my visualisation into superstar, but it only display half the scene and you cannot scroll across or up and down top see the rest.

Not sure  if l did anything wrong here.

All of the programming l'm completing is for the other lights in my display to support the Christmmas Cannon file that l purchased for the CCR tree.

So not sure how you can do this if l'm doing it in the superstar visualiser.

Appreciate any help

:)

So it sounds like you are completely working with the visualization, that is good. And it sounds like you have a good understanding of how everything works. Please zip up your visualization file (the .lee) and email it to brian@superstarlights.com. I will see if I can get it to work. I did do some testing with just the kind of thing you are doing. That is why when you import a visualization file it always puts the CCRs at the top of the green sequencing grid, because then you can play my sequences on the ribbons without changing them.

Hi Brian

I have been playing with this a little more, and even when l load the LMS that came in the purchase down load that has the controllers at the top of the tree it still plays upside down in the visualiser.

I was just wondering is this because in the LOR visualiser the CCR tree wizard starts the pixal numbers at the bottom of the tree next to the ground. Pixel 1 is at the bottom of the tree.

And if the controllers are at the top of the tree. Wouldn't this mean that pixel 1 would be at the top closest to the star? And pixel 50 would be at the bottom?

If this is correct, then l need to change the pixel numbering in the LOR visualiser some how.

Not sure if I'm on the right track hear, but it was just a thought.

Cheers

Jerome j

jeromej wrote:

Hi Brian

I have been playing with this a little more,  and even when l load the LMS that came in the purchase down load that has the controllers at the top of the tree it still plays upside down in the visualiser.

I was just wondering is this because in the LOR visualiser the CCR tree wizard starts the pixal numbers at the bottom of the tree next to the ground. Pixel 1 is at the bottom of the tree.

And if the controllers are at the top of the tree. Wouldn't this mean that  pixel 1 would be at the top closest to the star? And pixel 50 would be at the bottom?

If this is correct, then l need to change the pixel numbering in the LOR visualiser some how.

Not sure if I'm on the right track hear, but it was just a thought.

Cheers

Jerome j

I played with your visualization and tried a few things and it always played right side up for me. I looked at the code (I've written so much code I forget how its coded sometimes) and remembered that I wrote it to sense which direction the ribbons are, and where the controllers are and it should play rightside up regardless. I'm not sure why it is upside down for you, it is always rightside up for me.
I did discover another problem however. The top few pixels of the tree are usually blank as if the code thinks the top of the ribbons is several pixels down. I found that if I open ChristmasCanon.sup and set "Star in Use" to "No" and then import your visualization, then the top pixels being blank problem goes away. I think I know what is happening there, and I am going to work on making it so that problem never happens even if "Star in Use" is set to "Yes"