Light-O-Rama Forums

The LOR Controller

Greentree38

Did you say Australia?
Well that changes everything. As we learned years ago that polar opposites attract thus you must place your controller upside down with your cords coming out of the top of your box. This is extremely important to gain the most from the voltage you are working with down there.

now wait a minute,,,,,,,,,,after reading all this new info I have to change my whole display:(:(:(

Greentree38 wrote:

You say what now?? Turn it upside down..... Really? It was working okay with tests the normal way, why do we turn it upside down?

If you don't turn it upside down, all the lights go backwards.

Shubb wrote:

Greentree38 wrote:
You say what now?? Turn it upside down..... Really? It was working okay with tests the normal way, why do we turn it upside down?

If you don't turn it upside down, all the lights go backwards.

I actually thought that the on and off got reversed. So when you sequenced them to blink on, they instead blink off.

That is why I am glad I live in the States so I can just mount my controllers out in the yard, nearest the display items to cut down on extension cord use. The LOR enclosures are mostly weather proof unless you have to have them upside down. Real bummer for anybody in that situation.

egg-sinker-rig.jpg

Greentree38 wrote:

If ya haven't figured these guys out yet, they're pulling your chain. Since "Australia" is called "Down Under", well, you don't need to turn your controllers upside down there, 'cuz by US standard you're already "upside down", so that would mean your controllers are already "upside down too!" So you don't need to mount them upside down! They were joking with you.

Sometimes I think folks should think a little more before pulling a newbies chain, they could do some of this stuff and end up ruining their controller, which isn't a bit funny.

Sorry folks, but I think sometimes some go a little too far with some jokes, and I know we all like a good joke, but someone may really do some of this stuff right after they read it, and some of these I've read could actually harm someone in a very bad way, even cause their death if they followed the advice in some of these jokes I've read here.

We need to really think on the content of our jokes here to new folks (and maybe even some older ones) and make sure it's not something that could do harm to someone.

Not trying to pop anyones' bubble, just saying.